Root colours painted on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becca31

Reaction score
How long do you all get for a roots colour?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

We get 30 mins for a regrowth application.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

We work on 45 minute appointments, but for applying the colour regrowth I would take about 15 for a demi, 20 for a permanent and about 30 for a prelightener.

We are booked out for 30 mins but my boss wants us to do it in 20mins but I feel like im just rushing the client

Does that include consultation and mixing?

Does that include consultation and mixing?

Yeah

30 mins including consultation and mixing xoxo

45 mins but I never usually take longer than 30 mins X

I'm freelance and including consultation and mixing it's normally 30mins. Then I allow to develop and 10 mins to wash and the cut and finish and packing up.

Yeah takes me about 25mins if they have a lot of hair just think that 45mins seems reasonable for consultation mixing and applying 30mins can be pushing it a bit I think

Is your boss a colourist too?

30 mins for root application.

No my boss just cuts hair unless they request my boss to do the colour

Is your boss a colourist too?

No my boss just cuts hair unless they request my boss to do the colour

The salon I trained in worked to 30min bookings and we were expected to put regrowth on in 10. As a junior the senior would consult and we would pop it on or if they were a regular and not changing juniors would mix apply... it was so hectic and I learnt good application more like average of 15mins they expected seniors to do full head of foils in 30.. there was no discussion of changing style ect was kinda like the fastfood of hair:(

The salon I trained in worked to 30min bookings and we were expected to put regrowth on in 10. As a junior the senior would consult and we would pop it on or if they were a regular and not changing juniors would mix apply... it was so hectic and I learnt good application more like average of 15mins they expected seniors to do full head of foils in 30.. there was no discussion of changing style ect was kinda like the fastfood of hair:(

Its a shame cause clients pay good money and you dont want to make them feel like their being rushed I think thats how you can loose clients

There is no way I could do a lightener on clients in 10 minutes :eek:

Most of my root touch ups are all lighteners/bleach and then tone. It really depends on the clients hair. Some touch ups are fast. Some are not. One has really dense hair. It's like she has hair for two people instead of 1. That touch up takes me nearly 45 minutes.

I do see a few older clients who are my mom's friends and those root touch ups take about 15 minutes. 25 if we are talking:lick:

I generally book out 30 minutes, but i can do roots within 15 mins, lightener 20-25 as i reapply in certain areas. I was always taught to work quick. This is on my regulars. If its a new client with consultation can vary to 20-30 depending on the consultation.

So many clients leave salons because the colourist gets the junior to put their colour on.

When applying a colour it my chance to discuss future colours, rebooking and most importantly aftercare.

Not really a hairdresser lady

How long do you all take to do a full head of bleach foils on medium length / density hair ? I'd like to see all the answers before I post what my boss expects me to do it in. It's bringing me down. The pressure is too much.

Latest posts

Back