Rough rockstar nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missgiggles

Reaction score
I did rockstar nails on my self last night on my fingers, for first time , and they seem to be rough?? Any ideas geeks?
I used soak off gel if this helps. Also how long do you usually find rockstar nails last on fingers thank you x

I did 2 gel coats on top of mine x

That maybe were I'm going wrong then!! I did
Prep nail
Base
Cure
Another coat then glitter
Cure
Then another coat of gel
Cure
Remove tacky layer
Top coat

I will try With 2 coats At top of the glitter thank you . Want to get this right before I advertise this thank you

after you have applied your glitter you need to pat it down, dont be afraid to apply a bit of pressure either, if your using decent glitter then it wont lose its sparkle, brush away the excess and then you can apply your next 2 layers of gel etc ... hth x x

Make sure you're using fine glitter too. The first rockstars I did I used the craft glitter from my daughters craft box because i couldn't wait for the fine glitter to arrive :lol:. They were really bumpy!

Thanks girls. Glitter I'm using is extra fine ! Will try again tonight thanks for tips xx

I apply the glitter on top of the last colour coat after curing, then apply one coat of top coat, cure then gently buff down the bumps. reapply thin top coat cure ,and the are super smooth and shiny and last for weeks .
here are a couple I have done on myself

Attachments

• IMG_3349.jpg
    IMG_3349.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 3,296
  • IMG_3583.jpg
    IMG_3583.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 2,817
I apply the glitter on top of the last colour coat after curing, then apply one coat of top coat, cure then gently buff down the bumps. reapply thin top coat cure ,and the are super smooth and shiny and last for weeks .
here are a couple I have done on myself

Great tip, thanks. I am thinking of doing some glitter on my own nails this weekend and so will try this if they are less than smooth :)

I get 2 weeks out of Rockstars.

I pep, apply base, one colour similar to the glitter of choice, then after curing my colour coat I press the glitter firmly onto the tacky inhibition layer, wipe off excess with a dry brush, top coat x 2 for a smooth finish.

Great tip, thanks. I am thinking of doing some glitter on my own nails this weekend and so will try this if they are less than smooth :)
Let us know how you get on?
x

Latest posts

Back