Royal Marines passing out parade-formal dress?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine143a

Reaction score
I know some geeks have husbands/sons/nephews etc in the armed forces ............

My son (if/when he passes his final test tomoz) will pass out from Royal Marines Commando next week, and his passing out parade is 31 May, and the invite states formal dress. Not sure how formal this will be? When my daughter graduated from Uni, I had many friends that could advise me, but dont have a clue on this one ..................

Any help from fellow geeks that may have relatives in Marines? xxxxxx

I know for forces balls etc it was full length we were required to wear but a lot of people just didn't bother....there are forces forums though, I found one when I was going to my first ball and they should be able to help. But I'm sure there are loads of geeks here who have been to passing out parades who can help too.

And congratulations to him! Must be a proud momma!

I went to a friends passing out parade a few years ago. He was in the army. I just wore a pencil skirt and a nice top, we were outside a lot so I made sure I wore a warm coat too :)

Hi

You must be so proud of your boy!

My hubby's in the forces so I'd say below the knee and no cleavage

Full length is more for balls

Enjoy the day

Thank you for replying x

My hubby is in the army. For these formal occasions it is suit for a man, knee length skirt/trouser suit for women, or a shift dress is fine. Think along the lines of what you would wear for a christening... Nothing revealing or you may be asked to leave!! - it has been known :)

Hi, I would suggest something smart, a pair of shoes that are comfortable to stand in (as you don't always get a chair in the mess) and with the weather how it is at the min a coat, cause when your in those stands the rain blows at you.

Enjoy the day

Latest posts

Back