Rusk Deep Shine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always use 20vol for grey coverage and get on fine, however I only use a couple of Rusk colours such as the reds, coppers and ash (as toners)

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

Hi, guys have any of you used any rusk level 9 to cover 100% grey? heard also by mixing 1-1 u get an even better coverage.. xx

Wow I can't believe the mixed and mostly negative reviews of Rusk. Are European hair collars formulated significantly different than those in the US? I noticed majority of users here appeared to be from the UK however I'm in the US I'm a 13 + yrs experienced cosmetologist, I specialize in color, and received my education from an Aveda institute. (i'm just saying I've had a lot of experience & worked with many high-end colors all the way to drugstore) and Rusk Deepshine is my go to color for grey coverage hands-down. I'm currently opening my own salon and plan to use Rusk as my primary colorline. Their medium through deep browns are some of the most gorgeous hair colors I've ever used.

I've used rusk with 10 vol and 20 vol, I've tried 1-1.5 I've tried 1-1 ratio. I can't get them to cover grey, and I find them completely unpredictable.

There must be something you're doing wrong.. did you use with Rusk own developer? I use wella, but tried Rusk today on someone 100% white hair. 5.000 with 5.8c if I can remember. and it covered 100% beautiful colour the shine is amazing...

Well tried rusk fair colour today!

No grey coverage what so ever.

Didn't even change the pigmented hair.

Didn't like the consistency.

The only good thing I can say about the whole experience is they come in a nice box.

Not happy��

Hi mate.

I used deepshine tint once. I thought it was ok for the price.
But I wouldn't say its performance is top notch.

I have used quite a few makes in my time, and for me the best is Schwarzkopf Igora Royal. Love the stuff and use it all the time. But we all have our preferences.

Click on the Rusk Deepshine technical PDF file below. It tells you everything you may need to know about the product.

http://www.rusk1.com/files/factsheets/09AF16923_dshine_edu_hndbk.pdf

Cheers.
Lamaur Man. :D

I find Rusk okay, they're cheap, you get more in a tube and they are a lot better than the other cheap brands like XP... I tried a few shades when my last salon was considering switching to them, wasn't massively disappointed, but wasn't impressed.

Like the previous poster, I'm a Schwarzkopf Igora boy. I occasionally use Wella, but it's Igora 98% of the time for me!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi mate.

I used deepshine tint once. I thought it was ok for the price.
But I wouldn't say its performance is top notch.

I have used quite a few makes in my time, and for me the best is Schwarzkopf Igora Royal. Love the stuff and use it all the time. But we all have our preferences.

Click on the Rusk Deepshine technical PDF file below. It tells you everything you may need to know about the product.

http://www.rusk1.com/files/factsheets/09AF16923_dshine_edu_hndbk.pdf

Cheers.
Lamaur Man. :D

Yeah I like Henkel products too sticking with indola.

Latest posts

Back