Russian volume pick up technique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy89

Reaction score
Ive been taught 3 different techniques
I can confidently pick up lovely 2 & 3D fans
4,5,6D fans are very hit and miss... sometimes a pick one up successfully, but most of the time the base come apart or the whole fan comes apart before dipping it in glue..
any tips on tweezers, the perfect angle of holding the tweezers, the best part of the tweezers to hold .. (closer to the end or further up)?

Don't give up Roxy, it all takes time and practice and volume is extremely difficult to master. Even if your fans split at the bottom i would not dismiss them but dip in the adhesive first as that can sometimes help to pull them back together :hug:

I've tried every pick up technique with no success... I spent about half hour earlier and I have been practising over & over making fans with no luck. I've tried dipping them in the glue but when I pick up no matter how slow or how fast I see some of them rotating away

Even dipping in the adhesive is not hugging then back together . I'm using the flirties expert glue too

Maybe you need a bit more training?
What I do is grab a bunch of lashes (not counting or anything just from eye) pull them towards you, slightly to the right but not all the way off the strip and let go.
Pick them up again with the angled bit of your tweezers straight, pulling them towards you but at the slight angle.
I feel like doing it at an angle separates the lashes out a little as I pick them off the strip.

But obviously that's just my technique you need to find one that works for you. It'll just click soon :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I've tried every pick up technique with no success... I spent about half hour earlier and I have been practising over & over making fans with no luck. I've tried dipping them in the glue but when I pick up no matter how slow or how fast I see some of them rotating away

Have you checked your tweezers are "good". By that I mean are they closing properly. Hold them up to the light, close them, do they close/meet properly or can you see light and slight gaps? If you can see even the smallest light, they won't pick up and hold your extensions in place. I would suggest you get a couple of alternative tweezers, this can be the same style, but not all tweezers work well, the discrepancies in them drive me mad lol

Anyway, have a look at your existing tweezers, buy a couple more, play with them and find where the good grabbing point is, each tweezer will have a different point at which they hold well xx

Www.blinkingorgeoustraining.co.uk

Hi Roxy,

If you are switching from 0.10 pick up to 0.07 pick up then you will notice the difference. The tension of your tweezers will need to be different and I totally agree with the tweezer advice. A slight imbalance in your tweezers will make it very difficult to pick up the finest lashes. At my salon we all use different tweezers for volume as we have personal preferences for the style we prefer for pick up.

If you are picking up 2 and 3d fans well then I suspect it may be a change of tweezer or tension for the bigger fans of finer lashes and I prefer to use the thinner ultra adhesive as it grabs the fans faster.

You're always welcome to give me a call and come and see me. Volume is tough to master. You've done great so far xxx

Last edited:
I totally agree your tweezers may be the issue, ive got 3 pairs of the same tweezer all 3 pick up differently and I have my favourite pair that works well, I dropped a pair recently and they had to be thrown away too as they didn't work the same after, the ultra glue is better for volume I find x

Sorry to jump on this thread but I'm looking at sending my therapists on the Russian 6d volume lashes and wanted to check if they needs prior semi permanent experience. They've just trained in college with express lashes (that only last 1-2 weeks). The course I'm opting for didn't specify any prior experience but wanted to check with you guys xx

Sorry to jump on this thread but I'm looking at sending my therapists on the Russian 6d volume lashes and wanted to check if they needs prior semi permanent experience. They've just trained in college with express lashes (that only last 1-2 weeks). The course I'm opting for didn't specify any prior experience but wanted to check with you guys xx

Yes they will need to be trained and competent in semi permanent lashes prior to attending the xd volume training x

Latest posts

Back