Sad News

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemotail

Invisible Geek
Reaction score
Former EastEnders star Elaine Lordan's baby son has died just days after his first birthday, her agent has said.
James Manuel, who turned one last Tuesday, had been suffering from a serious medical condition, known as a diaphragmatic hernia. His parents thought he was "over the worst" and were said to distraught by his "totally unexpected" death on Sunday. His death came only days after Lordan, a former star of EastEnders who recently made a brief appearance on ITV1's I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here, had married her long-term partner and the father of James. She tied the knot with Peter Manuel last Thursday at Islington register office and James was present at the ceremony.

Lordan's agent Kate Whaley said in a statement: "It is with tremendous sadness that we can confirm that Elaine Lordan and Peter Manuel's son James Manuel passed away on Sunday.Elaine, Pete and their family and friends are devastated at their loss, and request that they are given time to deal with what is an incredibly sad time for them. We respectively request that no calls or visits are made directly to Elaine or Pete at this sad time and at the moment have no other information. Thanking you all in advance for your consideration at this sad time."
The death of Lordan's son is the latest tragedy to befall the star after her 62-year-old mother Bernadette died after falling under a London Underground train in March.
And after four years in BBC1's EastEnders as mouthy Lynne Hobbs, the actress left the show following rows about her drinking.
She found happiness with the birth of her son, but James was born five weeks prematurely last December with a diaphragmatic hernia.This meant he had an abnormal opening in his diaphragm which can lead to abdominal organs expanding into the chest cavity.James spent months in hospital undergoing a series of operations and surgery but he was recently finally allowed home with his parents.
The couple, who have been together for 12 years, celebrated his first birthday with a small celebration at their home in north London last week.
Lordan's difficult year continued as she became the first high profile person to leave I'm A Celebrity after she collapsed twice in the jungle in two days.

that is awful... i cant and dont want to imagine a life without my son

sleep in peace baby james x

that's really tragic, can't imagine what they are going through.

Thats really awful news, God bless them. xxx

should:sad: be against the laws of nature for a parent to lose a child, we are meant to go first.

It's awful news. Elaine obviously is a very troubled person and has a lot of issues to deal with and has had a difficult time this year already. Hopefully, she'll pull through this tragic time. It makes you count your blessings.

I just heard this on the readio!
Poor woman I feel so sad for her! :hug:

I just saw this on the news... its devestating for them. I cannot begin to comprehend their sadness ...

God Bless you little James.

I cannot imagine what it feels like to lose a child, she must be so devasted - she has had a terrible year and my thoughts are with her and her husband - especially losing a child at this time of year.

rest in peace, James.

This is so tragic. I cant imagine the grief they must be experiencing right now.

Yes I woke this morning to the news of this how sad bless her and her family.

What a thing to happen.

Caz xxx

I saw this on the news this morning, my tv was turned down low and thought i was hearing things. Very upsetting, the poor woman has ahd to deal with a lot. I only hope things get better for her. x

liitle james have a lovely sleep baby

God bless him and may he rest in peace with all the other angels.

Terrible news. Hope they can get over this but how must it feel? I hope to God I never know.

1999judy said:
Terrible news. Hope they can get over this but how must it feel? I hope to God I never know.
I don't know how anyone can get over the death of a child but I once heard that God takes the special peeps early on in their life cos he doesn't want them to suffer cos they have so much love and care to give. At least the little angel is no longer
suffering:hug:

Having to bury your child must be one of the hardest things to have to do, I do not know how anyone copes with that.:sad:

oh thats terrible - i cant imagine how the parents are feeling - i wouldnt want to either - i cant imagine a tragedy worse than this

It's been a terrible couple of years for Elaine and now this. I know it was a couple of months ago he died, but she will never get over it, time will heal the pain, she will just learn to live with it.

I speak from experience of losing my baby daughter 9 years agao, who was a week old. I have never really got over it and never will, just have to live with it and life will never be the same again. I have tried to have another child ever since, and had failed IVF and miscarriages too. Life is so cruel!! Anyway sorry to be so glum geeks. I am fine now and life is good and I always remember when I'm feeling sorry for myself, there are people around going through alot worse all the time! I've got a fantasic man and my wonderful mum!

I wanted to talk nails and got onto this, and just felt the need to reply.

God bless little James, rest in peace.

Hayley xxx

HAILZTONES said:
It's been a terrible couple of years for Elaine and now this. I know it was a couple of months ago he died, but she will never get over it, time will heal the pain, she will just learn to live with it.

I speak from experience of losing my baby daughter 9 years agao, who was a week old. I have never really got over it and never will, just have to live with it and life will never be the same again. I have tried to have another child ever since, and had failed IVF and miscarriages too. Life is so cruel!! Anyway sorry to be so glum geeks. I am fine now and life is good and I always remember when I'm feeling sorry for myself, there are people around going through alot worse all the time! I've got a fantasic man and my wonderful mum!

I wanted to talk nails and got onto this, and just felt the need to reply.

God bless little James, rest in peace.

Hayley xxx

Oh luv I'm so sorry - hope you are ok:hug:

Latest posts

Back