"Saddling" Help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara Satchell

Reaction score
Im not having problems with my horse - just clients with badly bitten nails!!:eek:

Tonight I have a client who I intend to try out "saddling" tips on. I think i know how to shape the tip and fit it, but when i apply acrylic over the tip - do I cover the 2 cut out bits(the bits either side of the "saddle") - in other words - apply acrylic directly onto the skin?? Im really confused about this so any help would be VERY GRATEFULLY RECIEVED!!

No love you do not fill in the sides.............................
The sides are your sidewalls.............and the bulbeous skin fills the cut out arch there.
treat this nail fit, the same way as a normal nail overlay.....................

There is a tutorial for this in the premium geek section...............step by step...........
HTH

I have just read the premium geek tutorial - i cannot get the process pictured in my mind?? (think im thick lol) i think you mean that you cut the tip just under the well at either side to allow the tip to lay flat and not ski jump over the bulbous skin....is that right so far? lol.
is the bulbous skin not all the way across the finger then or doesnt the middle cause the ski jump effect? (OMG think i'll put no biters on my flyer!! LMAO)
I cant understand either, like sara said, when you apply the acrylic and the tip has been cut, how you arent putting it onto the bulbous skin instead?
Any chance of some step by step piccies?? pretty please?? x x

As you are only cutting out the sides slightley to allow for the bulbous skin, the arch of the tip you are applying sits on the bulbous bit in the middle if that makes sense. Plus if you size the tip correctly it will still cover the top of the finger so no product goes on the skin. Its only the side walls on the very edge which are slightley trimmed.

When i see you next Sherrie i will show you.

Aspirations said:
I have just read the premium geek tutorial - i cannot get the process pictured in my mind?? (think im thick lol) i think you mean that you cut the tip just under the well at either side to allow the tip to lay flat and not ski jump over the bulbous skin....is that right so far? lol.
is the bulbous skin not all the way across the finger then or doesnt the middle cause the ski jump effect? (OMG think i'll put no biters on my flyer!! LMAO)
I cant understand either, like sara said, when you apply the acrylic and the tip has been cut, how you arent putting it onto the bulbous skin instead?
Any chance of some step by step piccies?? pretty please?? x x
Hey Sherrie, unless i'm losing the plot totally here, Ruth has put step by step pics on it.

Well what a total disaster that was. Lucky she wasn't paying.

I used Flawless Pink, and got my mix ratio wrong, i couldnt cut the saddle parts out properly, tried to file the edge away - that didnt work either. The finished nails were thicker than i normally do. I had real problems getting 2 of the tips to stick as there was virtually no contact area. I was really looking forward to this "challenge" no i just feel hopeless again.

Oh babe, just keep practicing.................... its like all things it need a bit of practice and before you know it............you can do it!!!!!
for the saddle use small curved scissors and just remove a tiny bit at a time, until you have a great fit...............
reduce the well contact area so there is just enough to adhere the tip......... then use gelbond or something the like...............make sure the tip is following the arch and is not ski jump........if it is ski jump you will have to use to much L&P to correct this........
Try when using flawless to apply it like roof tiles....overlap the application rather then butting it on............ if you can understand that xxx

The Magic Makeover class is fab for this............ this will show you exactly how it is done and you will never fear another problem nail again xxx

good luck babe you will get there xxx

I've never heard of Magic Makeover Classes - Are they run by Creative? Also, do Creative have a training brochure that includes them, and also Brisa courses?

Magic Makeover is run by Creative and it is also one of the Masterclasses...............
Call Leeds on 01132750433 for more details.................yes and Brisa is available too........

HTH

Latest posts

Back