Salon Direct selling Bluesky

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoey92

Reaction score
I've just received salons direct new beauty catalogue and I'm suprised to see they have started selling Bluesky

So my question being if there is such a bih issue with the brand why have they started stocking it?

That the same Salon Direct where they appear to sell acrylic polymer to non-professionals? That's illegal - according to the EU Cosmetics Directive 1223/2009 because polymer contains Benzoyl Peroxide. So if the company doesn't understand the cosmetic regs, maybe they are also not checking the legality of the products they sell?

I literally have no idea, i was just very suprised to see they had a 2 page spread of bluesky colours

That the same Salon Direct where they appear to sell acrylic polymer to non-professionals? That's illegal - according to the EU Cosmetics Directive 1223/2009 because polymer contains Benzoyl Peroxide. So if the company doesn't understand the cosmetic regs, maybe they are also not checking the legality of the products they sell?
They sell acrylic sets in Superdrug! :eek: do you think it's because it's a small set they can do it, or is that irrelevant?

Who sells what where [emoji54]

Do they still sell acrylic sets in Superdrug? I worked with a BBC reporter 2 or 3 years ago, and at that time we managed to get Boots and I thought Superdrug to remove their acrylic kits. Perhaps Superdrug replaced their kits with a polymer that doesn't contain BP, but the polymer I loaded into the Salons Direct cart was standard well known brand polymer.

Do they still sell acrylic sets in Superdrug? I worked with a BBC reporter 2 or 3 years ago, and at that time we managed to get Boots and I thought Superdrug to remove their acrylic kits. Perhaps Superdrug replaced their kits with a polymer that doesn't contain BP, but the polymer I loaded into the Salons Direct cart was standard well known brand polymer.
I saw a kiss set in there about a month ago but no idea about the ingredients.

Oh dear [emoji17]

I have not seen the ad but I know that Bluesky have a pro range. There was a thing about it in Scratch Magazine last year. I am pretty sure I sure them at the Expo as well. The white bottles are the pro bottles while the black ones are the ones you find floating around on Amazon and ebay for DIYers.

I have not seen the ad but I know that Bluesky have a pro range. There was a thing about it in Scratch Magazine last year. I am pretty sure I sure them at the Expo as well. The white bottles are the pro bottles while the black ones are the ones you find floating around on Amazon and ebay for DIYers.
It's the black bottles in the book

Latest posts

Back