Salon owners carrying out services?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milliemakeup

Reaction score
Hi
I am just wondering how many salon owners actually carry out services on the salon floor?
Do you do it part time/ full time etc?

I am a beauty therapist and I own a beauty salon and also a hair salon which is down the same road. My 1st salon opened 18months ago and both are doing very well. I am just trying to get the right balance of carrying out treatments and spending time on the business.

Many thanks

I am a beauty therapist and have owned my salon for 2.5 years. I very rarely do treatments.

My heart is in running the business not in beauty therapy it's self.

I love leading a team and working to achieve things.

Jemima :)

I work full time in my hair and beauty salon. Doesn't leave much time it run the business though! Member of staff on Mat leave till dec but when she returns I'm going to take a step back and start running the business x

I'm part time in my business and rest of the time working on the business which is my passion.

I really want to stop doing treatments but worry what people will think - I don't know why. Or the clients that just want me won't come anymore.

Also when a staff member is on holiday I need to cover full time.

I am a lone working in my salon so do everything myself x

To add even more pressure we have another business not beauty related and I do all the admin and accounts for that one too! Its very tough x

I am the same, I have worked in my salons for almost 10years full time and now I feel my passion is more in running the business. But I too worry about what clients will say and what people will think, I just feel like everyone will think I'm just skiving! People don't realise how much work it takes to run the business. I've just trained in permanent make up so my hope is to just do that and then run the salon and my two therapists carry out the beauty treatments.x

Similar to MissJulesBeauty, I own and work in my beauty salon. We had another (non-beauty) business which has just been sold. I did all the admin etc for that AND covered a few shifts when I could. So now, just concentrating on the salon 5 days a week feels like part time to me !

I own my salon and I'm running it all on my own too.. I'd eventually like to get someone in with me but I'm quite happy just now!! I quite like being the face of my salon. Doing all treatments and behind the scenes work too..as I'm not being funny but its my business. I built it up, I did all the work setting it up so I feel I want to be the one to get the credit for the nice salon and the good treatments lol. I particularly LOVE it when I get new clients in and they ask me 'so who are you running this for then' and when I say... No it's my salon.. Their faces are a picture. Lol. I'm 23... They must think I'm too young :/

Even if you own the business I think it's still essential to 'keep your hand in'. Especially with hairdressing, how better to keep an eye one your staff than to work side by side with them!

I own my salon and I'm running it all on my own too.. I'd eventually like to get someone in with me but I'm quite happy just now!! I quite like being the face of my salon. Doing all treatments and behind the scenes work too..as I'm not being funny but its my business. I built it up, I did all the work setting it up so I feel I want to be the one to get the credit for the nice salon and the good treatments lol. I particularly LOVE it when I get new clients in and they ask me 'so who are you running this for then' and when I say... No it's my salon.. Their faces are a picture. Lol. I'm 23... They must think I'm too young :/

I have to say this .....good for you Girl. It makes a nice change to read something positive like this rather than the normal....

I have to say this .....good for you Girl. It makes a nice change to read something positive like this rather than the normal....

Lol thank you :) however makes a change from the normal what?? Rubbish that I usually say u mean?? Haha ;)

Lol thank you :) however makes a change from the normal what?? Rubbish that I usually say u mean?? Haha ;)

ha ha...no not you...just the general threads that you read....:biggrin:

I have 3 girls working for me but the bottom line is I make the lions share of the money..the takings plummet when I'm away ...some clients only want me to do their treatments and are prepared to wait till I can do them......if that's what they want , that's what they get.....

I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth..:green:

I feel a bit of a fraud.....I don't work in any of mine.....apart from my home studio!

Latest posts

Back