Salon services Nail course or ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camilla89

Reaction score
Planning on doing a nail tech course but can't decide on which one to do through salon services, they have a 2 day mercia course or a 6 day nail tech course. I already have a manicure certificate!

On the 6 day they teach you manicure, gel, acrylic and fibre glass and silk and its about £410, the mercia one is only £90 but they only teach you either gel or acrylic! Could always go back and do the other one.

Any one any help?????

Thanks

Hi, i would check that the course is accredited so you can get insurance afterwards, does this price include your kit?, have you checked out creative nail design courses, you can do the naturally manicure and naturally pedicure course or even the creative foundation course, the prices of them courses include the kit and the kit you get can last you at least 20 more treatments so you dont have to even buy much more products if you want to start offering the treatments once qualified, cnd have even won awards for their courses, i would definetley check them out before you decide as you could end up going on a cheap course and regret it!

Hi there
I was planning to do the 2 day salon services course but it got cancelled at the last minute so i booked on the OPI Acrylic course which was 4 days over 8 weeks ( 3 consecutive sundays - 5 week break to practice and put together portfolio then final day of exam and final assessment)
In my opinion there is no way you could do a 2 day course and thats it! ie no check back to your progress. we were taught the course in stages ie first day was tip blending - then we went off for the week to practice that then we learned something else the next week and had to practice that etc. during the 5 week break we had access to our educator who was brilliant and always had time to help - and allowed me to sit with her in her salon to watch her doing nails - which give me great help.

so what I am saying is 2 days may 'show you how' but will not check on your progress - and believe me you really need support during the early stages cos you might not get it first time - it takes LOTS of practice.

I would advise you look at a course run by an 'industry expert' in the area - CND have won awards, OPI, EZflow etc they may appear more expensive initially but I think that in the long run your investment will pay off.

I finished my course yesterday which I passed (YAY!!) but I know that I am still not at a stage where I am 100% happy with my performance and I know that I will have many many months ahead where it will still be practice practice practice.

cheers
elaine

With all due respect to the training provider....

I cannot see how you could possibly learn all those different products over 6 days.

I have seen this course advertised in my local Sallys. So I know the one you are talking about.

If I could give you any advice here, it would be to think about which service you want to offer, be it in Gel, Acrylic, fibreglass, silk etc and go to somewhere like Creative or EzFlow or NSI and learn about 1 product at a time.

I have been doing L&P (Acrylic) for almost 5 years, and I'm STILL LEARNING!

I spent lots of hard earned cash in the beginning on courses that just weren't right.

Why not contact Sweet Squared on 0845 210 6060 for Creative Courses, or EzFlow (Graftons) and NSI direct and have a chat to them all before you part with your money.

I'm speaking from experience, my 1st course lasted all of 2 days and cost me over £400. I learned how to demolish a nail plate with a 80 grit in a few sweeps!:irked:

I am thinking of doing the 5 day course and you go back for a 6th day a few weeks later.

As I live in Edinburgh its a bit of a trek to get to NSI and creative every weekend or even for a full week!

The 6 day cours is guild and BABTAC accredited.

I am thinking of doing the 5 day course and you go back for a 6th day a few weeks later.

As I live in Edinburgh its a bit of a trek to get to NSI and creative every weekend or even for a full week!

The 6 day cours is guild and BABTAC accredited.

Most of the main nail companies offer training in Edinburgh, I myself have taught nail courses in Edinburgh for 5 years now. Formerly with Creative and now with EzFlow.

EzFlow, Creative and Entity are all running courses in the Edinburgh area, and Young Nails are not far away in Grangemouth.

Feel free to Pm me about training, you can also call 0141 886 6168 to get a full information pack about EzFlow courses.

I would contact as many companies as possible, if I were you, to make an informed decision about this major career change :)

Best of luck.

Last edited:
We (the Scottish Creative Academy and Distribution Centre) are just along the road from you at Newbridge roundabout, just past Ingliston:)

Please do not make any major decisions about your future career without thorough investigation and personal recommendations.

I have pm'd you our info but you should use the search button to further research education.

Better to get it right first time - as many geeks will tell you:hug:

Latest posts

Back