Salon tunics for curvy girls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerries

Reaction score
Hi all!

Well...I'm in the process of opening my new salon, and I've now reached the point where I need to order my uniform. I am planning on hot pink tunics with black trousers.

Is it just me, or are tunics just not made for curvy women??? I've just found a tunic that I like, and apparently I am a size 28 according to their measurements. Considering I am a 18 in 'real life' that seems a little unrealistic?

Does anyone know a good supplier of tunics for curvier women? I don't have a huge amount to spend - these ones I just found were £9.95=VAT each.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Cerries xxx

Don't know about hot pink but La Beeby might be worth a look. They are not as cheap as £9.95 but they are really well made.

Just wanted to add.... I would try your normal size or just go up one size.

I'm having a uniform dilemma at the moment,
I have put a lot of weight on since quitting smoking and have been wearing jeans to work lately as well its all I have left that fits, everything else is now too small, I have been searching for some comfy black pants to wear, and I want to just get some white t shirts with logos printed on.
I can't find anything to fit me properly that I can actually breathe in.

I even tried on some maternity pants lol as I have a big tummy compared to the rest of me, and I bloat etc.... I need something that wont be huge on my legs but has a bit of 'give' around the tummy area.

Its harder than you'd imagine to find lol.

evans have great linen trousers - long and cropped - and they not over priced, nice and cool for the summer and have elasticated waist so would be good fit for you

I wear La Beeby to college, their policy, and they are reasonably well made however not as cheap as £9.95! Plus I've hade to go up one size due to large boobies and curves.

The hot pink ones link look great. Plus they've been on Eastenders, what more could you ask for! lol :green:

I had some t-shirts printed think they were £9 each from ebay have a wee look at my pics, you can choose your colour (they defo have bright pink :D and your font etc) hth xx

simon jersey i am a 22 and i got a 22 enough room to move ect too look on web site do brill mulit buy offers about 12 per tunic xx

I have bought many a tunic over the last 14 months and none have made me feel as comfortable or as confident as i know i am in my work!!! I am a size 16 and was buying upto size 20s but they either were too baggy around the waist or too tight in the arms etc etc!!!
I purchased a la beeby tunic in a size 16 after trying it on and it fit perfectly!!! And looks amazing!!! I will never go anywhere else for workwear now!!!

I really rate La Beeby and they wash so well I seriously cannot tell the difference between my newer ones and my older ones.

Hi
As another curvy lady - I struggled with tunics from Simon Jersey and found them at least 2 sizes too small. I ordered from Alexandra Workwear and the tunic is brill! I only bought one for College and it cause me £18-19 but it washes brilliantly and still looks like new - some of the skinny minnies at College bought cheaper tunics and they're forever popping open, buttons have fallen off... Another case of you pays your money I suppose but definitely would recommend them!

as a big girl i have this problem the best tunic i have is one i have made my self you can get the partterns from any fabric shops plus you can choose the material and the fit.

This is the tunic I have been looking at with a view to buying in a few days. I'm a 16 so would you say an 18 would be the best size to get?

Yes hun, that's what I'd get xx

Well ladies - I went with the size 24 recommended by the website and the tunics fit absolutely fine. They are maybe a tiny bit on the big side, but I feel comfortable with a bit of room to move so that's good. I have sent them to an embroiderers to have my logo embroidered onto the front. Should look quite nice :0)

And...they really are a bargain at £9.95.....

Hie everyone..
Recently I shopped a tunic for the wedding of my friend from Citron Clothing , I really find their collection quite impressive..
Along with this another good thing was they had a unique collection with all sizes available at affordable price..
plus-size-tunics-5-best-outfits1.jpg

Hie everyone..
Recently I shopped a tunic for the wedding of my friend from Citron Clothing , I really find their collection quite impressive..
Along with this another good thing was they had a unique collection with all sizes available at affordable price..
plus-size-tunics-5-best-outfits1.jpg
These are just regular clothing, no? Tunics in the UK are our uniform tops. So the OP was asking, in 2010!, about good places to find uniforms for curvy girls

Latest posts

Back