Salon Wear

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzewolf

Reaction score
Hi gurls

What do you wear when going mobile?and what do you wear at home when seeing to a client be it for a massage treatment or a facial, do you wear salon clothes or do you wear casual clothes, do you stick to the same thing like salon wear all the time or chop and change sometimes salon wear sometimes casual or do you have a walk in wardrobe of fancy salon wear...lol, i love the buttercup range but waaaaaaaaaay to expensive for moi.

thanx

I think i would wear a salon uniform weather i was mobile, home salon or regular salon but thats just my preference!!
I think you get more respect and peeps expect you to be proffessional then!!
xx

Whether Iam going out mobile or working at home, even if it is a Quick 10 min job, I always dress professional. Trousers and a tunic, But I have also had some spartkly T shirts done from EBay, with my Co name so I also wear them too.

i wear my salon slacks but change tops depending on the weather, lately its been polo necks, those glittery t shirts sound fun :)

in this weather i wear a vest t-shirt then my uniform over the top

I'm mobile and i wear tunic and trousers, i feel alot more professional like this... however, if i'm doing nails on my friends then i dress casual, i usually end up spending half the night with them anyway. I've also got a tabard for when i do waxing and nails, protects my clothes xx

Im mobile and wear a black tunic and trousers.

Trousers £6 from Tesco & the tunic £17.99 from Simon Jersey - Clothes for people to work in before that i had one from inline which cost a bomb and i like my current uniform better which was a fraction of the price.

Black trousers and black tunic for me too. As I am mobile, I just think it helps to create a more professional image.

Im mobile and wear a black tunic and trousers.

Trousers £6 from Tesco & the tunic £17.99 from Simon Jersey - Clothes for people to work in before that i had one from inline which cost a bomb and i like my current uniform better which was a fraction of the price.
The tunics on that website are really good value :D

I'm mobile and I wear black trousers with a short sleeved v-necked top in a bright colour, I have a few to choose from and although it doesn't look 'salon like' it does look smart and professional.

I'm more conscious of wearing my uniform when I am doing beauty treatments as opposed to nails. If I have a day of nails, I don't mind wearing trousers and a black top, but if I'm doing treatments on clients and they are going to be semi dressed, like facials or waxing, I think they feel more relaxed if I'm in uniform.

i wear white tunic and grey trousers when mobile but when working from home soon i will be wearing white trousers

thought maybe for summer i would get some polo shirts i dont find tunics very comfortable for body massage work, do you think polo shirts look to sporty?

thought maybe for summer i would get some polo shirts i dont find tunics very comfortable for body massage work, do you think polo shirts look to sporty?

I've found this too. I wear black trousers and black salon tunic in my home based salon and I get soooo hot during massage. I too thought about polo shirts but aren't sure I'll look as smart.

Im mobile and i wareblack trousors and white tunice wit hmy name on front & back with black shoes ...i think this is a lot more proffesional ..(IMO) and beacuase its white i dont get that hot in the summer ... i have a cardi to waer in the winter cause some houses are really cold and cant be doing nails and things in a big coat lol :) xx

I always wear a black tunic with my company name on and black trousers, I feel that this gives a more professional image. I am comfy in it and don't have to worry about getting my clothes ruined. Its amazing when you're out and about between jobs etc the amount of people that approach you when they can see what you do and ask for price lists etc, I've had a few bookings this way.

I wear my salon uniform whether I'm in my salon or doing mobile. It is not only more professional but saves your own clothes as well.

For good quality up to date clothing at reasonable prices go to Salonwear Direct

and speak to Harvey, he's very helpful.

Eva

I wear black tunic and black pants which I agree looks and feels professional. I'm gonna get a white/grey tunic too though cos when I do nails, the dust makes me look really messy.

I wear casual smart clothes, loose fitting jeans and a polo shirt, i have been known to wear just a sarong, it gets bloody hot here sometimes.
However, i would never wear a uniform with a product logo unless that company was paying me to wear it, provided it free (or at a dramatically reduced price). It's like posters in the window, just because you have the poster, don't mean you use the product. Although it is quite flattering for the company you choose to "pass off" a technique or standard they are renowned for. Truly successful people get paid lots of money to wear/use company logos whether it be clothes, towels etc. It's professionally called "sponsorship", .......but, when people wear/use em for free, you um ........... (fill in the blanks/decide). Please realise "YOUR" value to your supplier.
PS........, doing nails , i would never wear black, black is the most ridiculous colour to wear whilst doing nails, you look dusty after one client, try doing 9 in a row, then see whats practical.

I think wearing a top with YOUR own company name on it sounds fab and is going towards a good cause..lol

Latest posts

Back