Same street same brand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
Hey

In my street there are three beauty salons (including me):eek:

Now one of them has swapped their skin care range to Dermalogica - the same as me.:mad:

I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Did your business suffer or did it boom?

etc, etc

thanks

Becki xxx

Hey

In my street there are three beauty salons (including me):eek:

Now one of them has swapped their skin care range to Dermalogica - the same as me.:mad:

I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Did your business suffer or did it boom?

etc, etc

thanks
In the salon im moving to which is only 5 mins away from where my current one is...well any way there are 2 salons,one is hair and nails the other is beauty but she does guinot and tanning and toning tables...whatever the hell they are i have no clue Becki:eek:

However they both do OPI nails and enhancements this is partly one of many reasons why im converting to CND for my manicures and pedicures....actually come to think of it there are no other salons in my area that does CND,high street salons that is.

Its a shame that the salon switched to Dermalogica...but in Southampton dermalogica is very saturated aswell.

I bet you were mad...do Dermalogica not run a policy on salons not operating close together.??

ahhh i'm lucky no one else does opi where I am (but part of me wishes I did creative - maybe next year!)

I was SO mad, considering I used to work for them I thought there would be a little more tact.

Dont even get me started on Dermalogica - I think most geeks on here know my love for Dermalogica but I'm really unhappy. They are literally a minutes walk away, I did phone and ask but they said (and I quote) ''If you were a good therapist and had good customer skills you wouldnt be worried'' GOODNESS ME i had to just say bye. I will be talking to my rep about it when I see her next week.

Now part of me wants to leave Dermalogica but its a major part of my business and I love the products,

I just wondered if anyone else had ever experienced it? So you feel you have to leave OPI soley because of ther easons you said or for other reasons too?

Becki xxx

i am sure dermalogica used to have a policy that 2 salons close together couldnt happen , maybe its changed now :eek:, its a bit pants really considering the start up costs !!

I'm a Dermalogica salon have worked with them for years and I totally understand what you're saying about them, don't get me wrong, love the products and what they stand for but not how they look after our salons!

I placed a starting order back in March and still haven't got some of my starting order! and they let salons open up where ever to get more revenue I assume for themselves! and you only got same response you got eg how you sell it and customer service etc! so annoying but don't let it put you off just try keep your clients happy! they wont go anywhere else as they'll have a great trust in you and what you recommend!
h x

I've never had a problem before I actually thought they looked after me really well.

Had the same with my opening order back in April but they was none of the products in the UK so was quite understanding.

Do most companies have a radius policy?

Becki xxx

I think hannah has a point there.Your customers will trust you Becki and can be loyal....however it brings me back to the thing that niggles me,why do brands like Demalogica do this to salons...i find it purely selfish reasons and it really gets my back up that you as a salon owner have invested thousand with them,and then they forget you,its like you are a number,not a person:mad:

I would take this up with your rep,as she surely had something to do with this:irked:

What makes it worse,is you have such passion and enthusiasm for the brand and then this happens...i really feel for you becki:hug:

This is so awful for you hun x
I hope it doesn't affect your retail sales too much either.

This is the thing with Dermalogica. So many salons use it, & they'd give it to the salon next door.
I'm sure it won't effect you with your regulars, but you'll need something to make you stand apart when it comes to bringing in new clients.
I think it's probably 50/50 on skin care companies that have a distance limit on how close you can operate to another salons.
It was one of the things that I used to make my decision on a range.

I guess i just didnt think to ask the question when i set up...too many other things to think about!!

I did say to their customer service - ''so basically its money over customer service is it?''

Beautyguru - my now rep didnt have anything to do with it because she doesnt set up new accounts.

I feel like I cant really talk honestly and openly to my rep now because after me up she'll go to them do you know what I mean?

I am not worried about my regulars, but the possible newbies in my town

Thanks all you lovely geeks for your time replying.

Becki xxx

Dont even get me started on Dermalogica - I think most geeks on here know my love for Dermalogica but I'm really unhappy. They are literally a minutes walk away, I did phone and ask but they said (and I quote) ''If you were a good therapist and had good customer skills you wouldnt be worried'' GOODNESS ME i had to just say bye. I will be talking to my rep about it when I see her next week.

Now part of me wants to leave Dermalogica but its a major part of my business and I love the products,

Becki xxx

My friend is going to stop using Dermalogica in her salon because their customer care in the UK is rubbish and they were rude to her on the phone,didnt return calls and her rep is as useful as a chocolate teapot - her salon is still fairly new but she has used it for years as a mobile and has a solid client base who make regular purchases, but recently two salons within walking distance of hers have changed to it too. She was soooo angry and upset that they did that - as you say they are supposed to have a policy so salons dont overlap. So much for that. :irked:

I have no qualms with my rep or customer service - this is the first thing that has happened - just happens to be a HUGE problem!!:cry:

i can see why people leave them, but it could happen with the next company couldnt it?

We had this problem in a salon i worked in but with a spray tanning company.A salon on the same street took on the same booth and then undercut the price we were doing it for....by £5 pound i think.I didnt effect our regulars clients but we didnt get as many new spray tan clients through the door after they started doing the same treatment.Fortuneatly they were doing the treatment as effectively as we were,so after a while word got around and we started to get more new clients again.
I suppose all you can do is continue doing the treatments and retailing to the best of your ability and hopefully it wont effect you too much.Alot of skincare companies do have a policy that they wont put their products or treatments in to a salon within a certain mile radius of each other.I think this is a much better idea!

i obviously will keep my eye open to see what they are charging for treatments...eeeeek hope its not too low

Becki xxx

I have no qualms with my rep or customer service - this is the first thing that has happened - just happens to be a HUGE problem!!:cry:

i can see why people leave them, but it could happen with the next company couldnt it?
Now that you know this is an issue, you know to ask the company what their policy is on supplying salons near each other. I rejected more more then one because they didn't have a policy in place. One company said they'd only give exclusivity if my orders were over $10,000 a month:rolleyes:.

i obviously will keep my eye open to see what they are charging for treatments...eeeeek hope its not too low

Becki xxx
Be careful not to go down the road of being cheapest, be the best instead.

I found Dermalogica service really good for the first year whilst their rep was still visiting me, but after that it went downhill fast. I was passed on to a telephone rep who was supposed to phone me every few months, but still waiting for a call over 2 years later. However, love the products and the free training is brilliant.

Latest posts

Back