Sanitising clients hands with manicures??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you sanitise hands prior to manicure treatments?

• Always,wouldn't do treatment without?

Votes: 149 96.1%
  • Never,whats the point???

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes,when I can be bothered?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When I remember

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
I always sanitise, well I ask the client to wash forst with a scentsations wash then a squirt of coolblue!

My kids wash their hands like that aswell!! lol!!

Ive always got my coolblue handy, I take it in the care when we go on trips, incase we are nowhere near a sink!! At the moment though its really stinging my hands as they are cut to smitherines at the mo due to an accident with a blender on the weekend!! :eek:

It should be an automatic procedure, but you'd be amazed how many people don't think it necessary.

Some salon's hygiene procedures are extremely worrying - we have seen salons use files and other tools on clients without ANY form of sanitizing in between.

i always sanitise mine and the clients hands before and after the treatment

this is how i was taught and i saw many classmates fail assessments for not doing this

Always without fail, mine then the clients, but alot do say they haven't had that done before, the other thing that causes surprise is cleaning under the free edge, i do this for any mani or pedi, whether it file and polish or Luxury, i have a couple of ladies who have had regular mani +pedi for the past few years and both said they had never had that done??!!

Always without fail, mine then the clients, but alot do say they haven't had that done before, the other thing that causes surprise is cleaning under the free edge, i do this for any mani or pedi, whether it file and polish or Luxury, i have a couple of ladies who have had regular mani +pedi for the past few years and both said they had never had that done??!!

I do this in my manicures to but wasn't told to do it at college. Wonder how many others werent either.

I do this in my manicures to but wasn't told to do it at college. Wonder how many others werent either.

I am at college now and we have been taught to sanitise but nothing about cleaning under the free edge.

When doing cuticle work one tutor told us to put cuticle remover under the free edge as well as on the cuticle- then go under the free edge with a tipped orange stick.

I ask my clients to wash thier hands with anti bac soap and supply a nail brush :green: they usually get the hint and scrub away any dirt from underneath. If its only a little bit I dont mind removing it, but as others, I was not taught to do this. I was told I am a technician not a carer!

I wash my own hands too, then sanatise mine and my clients hands before any treatment :) even if it is just a file and polish! x

I find that most people will have their nails pretty clear under the free edge prior to treatment anyway, I don't do enhancements so couldn't comment on that procedure, with my manis i clean under free edge and then bevel the nail prior to polishing. To me it makes sense and gives a better finish to the manicure, with pedicures its essential, if i had a pedicure and then went home with bits of scrub under my nails i wouldn't be too impressed. xx

I always wash then sanitize never know what the client just got through doing.

I always sanitise, no matter what treatment i am doing.

Especially as there is 20 times more germs on your hands than found on your feet!

ALWAYS!!!! It was drilled into our heads when I was in training...you first sanitize your hands then your clients.

Same.. After my training we had it drummed in so much that i would carry around little travel bottles of water free hand sanitiser!! just in case i would forget during class and be told off! I'll admit to purchasing a bottle of cool blue since being here.. it just sounds so clean fresh and proffesional.. who would have thought a little blue bottle of hand sanitiser would have pride of place on my desk?? but i think it sends the right message!

i ALWAYS do and i cant belive anyone would not think of all those GERMS!!!:irked:

me too i am terrible for washing my hands at every possibility!

Latest posts

Back