Santander Business Account - Cash and Paypal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyGray

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've googled for about an hour with no joy, and read through all the paperwork they've sent me, but still no answers, I know cheques you pay in take ten days to clear, but does anyone know how long cash paid in takes to clear?

Also, am thinking of setting up a business paypal account as another option for people to pay with, and linking it to my debit card... has anyone done this and are there charges involved for paying for things via paypal if you don't have the cash in your paypal account or is it free like a debit card payment is?

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

Hi All,

I've googled for about an hour with no joy, and read through all the paperwork they've sent me, but still no answers, I know cheques you pay in take ten days to clear, but does anyone know how long cash paid in takes to clear?

Also, am thinking of setting up a business paypal account as another option for people to pay with, and linking it to my debit card... has anyone done this and are there charges involved for paying for things via paypal if you don't have the cash in your paypal account or is it free like a debit card payment is?

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

Can't answer you paypal query, but cash with Santander business takes about 5 days.

I have an old Alliance & Leicester Business Account (now Santander) and cash is credited immediately if I pay in at the post office.

I have a paypal account linked to it, although rarely use it. I don't think they charge for withdrawing however, there are charges when you accept a payment through paypal.

As far as I am aware as long as you are using your Paypal registered debit card there are no charges. I use this all the time for internet purchases. But if you receive money through sales then they is a charge. How do you plan using paypal for client payments?

the paypal website lists all their fees, they also have a helpline that you can phone to ask for advice (i've phoned twice and always found them to be helpful and answer without delay) x

Thanks guys, when you say there is a charge, do you mean the usual paypal fees or do you mean Santander charges?

I plan, on occasion to invoice a client from paypal on my phone and they can pay me from their pc. Mostly I wish to accept cash and cheques though... I mainly want the paypal account for shopping online though as I much prefer using paypal where I can, and a few people I deal with (my distributor for one) invoice me with paypal.

Latest posts

Back