Scrubfresh query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tickle

Reaction score
Just wondered whether regular use of Scrubfresh i.e. weekly (for manicures), dry out the nails too much?

I personally don't think this is the case, however at my workplace we used to use BondAid by OPI but it has now been stopped due to 'manicure-a-week' clients experiencing peeling after a while when it was used to prep nails before polish application. I'm new to OPI so I don't know whether this was appropriate use of the product mind.

Anyway, we have now been told to use to use a mix of acetone and polish remover instead. But I still rate Scrubfresh as the no. 1 nail prep, but in saying that I only used to use it on clients with enhancements in the past.

Does anyone here use Scrubfresh for regular manicure clients? If so how do you rate it for natural nail care?

Scrubfresh is a temporary nail dehydrator, the important part of it is the pathogen fighters it leaves on the nail plate that help fight against potential infection.
I use Scrubfresh for manicure prep aswell as enhancement prep and haven't ever had a problem with peeling nails or excessive drying.
hth's

Yes i use scrubfresh to prepare the nail before applying enamel, on my own nails too and i have never experienced any problems with my nails hth

i've only ever used alcohol, never thought of scrub fresh!
i'll have to give it a go since you say it doesn't effect the natural nail plate!

thanks,

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Check out the MSDS for Bond-Aid on the the OPI website.

http://pro.opi.com/logon.asp

The ingredients are 100% Ethyl Acetate and less than 1% Ammonium Hydroxide.

Now, everyone pull out your Nail Structure and Product Chemistry Book and look those up!

Page 38 states that ethyl acetate is a non acetone solvent used to remove polish.

The same ingedients make up OPI Chip Skip which is sold retail for clients to use for better adhesion of polish on their natural nails.

S

I use odinary polish remover during the manicure and then a nail dehydrator after massage to remove oils from the nail plate.
But... Then I use a nailtiques protein formula as a base for polish which i suppose is then giving something back !! :wink2:

I use Mundo Nail plate cleanser and it works just as good as the Scrubfresh

if you was to leave the nails for 10 mins after using scrub-fresh you would see them return to normal....its only a temporary dehydrator.

Check out the MSDS for Bond-Aid on the the OPI website.

http://pro.opi.com/logon.asp

The ingredients are 100% Ethyl Acetate and less than 1% Ammonium Hydroxide.

Now, everyone pull out your Nail Structure and Product Chemistry Book and look those up!

Page 38 states that ethyl acetate is a non acetone solvent used to remove polish.

The same ingedients make up OPI Chip Skip which is sold retail for clients to use for better adhesion of polish on their natural nails.

S
you don't scrub the nail with bondaid though, if you like OPI, you should check out NAS99

LOL! Carl has a very good point.

S

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

I use Mundo Nail plate cleanser and it works just as good as the Scrubfresh
Sounds interesting, and looks very cost effective. I think I might get some and give it a try.

Latest posts

Back