Sculpted Acrylic Nail Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGritt

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have got a sculpted acrylic kit that i am getting to grips with at the moment.

I have a wee bit of a problem though as when i have sculpted them they are lifting on the nail and coming off. I have filed the natural nail (not too much) shaped and dehydrated as well as trying other methods but they just dont seem to be staying.

Any help on how to get them to stay would be greatly appreciated

Regards :green:

You need to take some proper training hun in order to fully understand how nail products work along with lots of other important facts you will learn,
Rio kits are useless to say the least,
don't be offended hun but you need to be trained to do nails :hug:

The reason you are having these problems is because you have bought unprofessional kits from I can only presume somewhere like Argos and worst of all you have no training I take it?

Ask yourself this.....why do the majority of us pay out thousands of pounds on training and education and products instead of buying Rio kits?

I looked at your profile and gallery and you quite obviously have interest in doing nails...you have some lovely and varied art designs, wouldnt you prefer to be shown how to do it all properly...the right way?

You have to understand there is so much more to 'doing nails' than buying a kit and reading the packet instructions...infact you could actually cause yourself and others harm or health issues by using products that should only be in the hands of trained professionals.

Hi, thanks for your responses, they are much appreciated.

It isn't the Rio products i am using anumore they are a different brand.

Are there any at home learning courses that anyone could possibly recommend to me as i don't have the time for college or evening class courses

Regards

Hi, thanks for your responses, they are much appreciated.

It isn't the Rio products i am using anumore they are a different brand.

Are there any at home learning courses that anyone could possibly recommend to me as i don't have the time for college or evening class courses

Regards

Can you not find time, if you are serious about nails then i suggest you have in class training.... (just my opinion)
Out of interest what products are you using.. If you do a search you will find alot of info Re Training.. Good luck and I hope you make an informed decision.

Hi, i cannot enrol on a college class as my husband is in the army and we move house every 2 years often abroad as well as him being away and serving in Afghanistan plus with 2 children this is a rather difficult predicament to be in. I have been using gel and doing nail art for the last 5 years but cannot find a course that seems to shine out to me. There seems to be so many courses i would like to do but also finance is an issue.

I have been playing about with Star Nails products and also some other to get used to the consistency and working with these products (Mainly making flowers etc)

Please let me state i only do my own nails, i have been asked to do friends nails but have refused due to obvious reasons, i wouldn't feel comfortable with doing other peoples nails

Regards

Its good to hear that you may be interested in training....and if you have been playing with things over the past 5 years and you are asking questions on here as well as all the lovely designs you have spent time doing then it is clear to me that you really do have a keen interest...and id bet that if you went to a reputable course youll most likely end up as addicted as the rest of us!

Life often gets in the way of things especially as a wife and mother you have to put other things first but dont forget that what you want out of life is important too....i would suggest you contact Essential Nails about the home learn courses but also look into class based....ezflow or cnd imo.....the foundation courses are only usually about 5 days long....and they are spread over so many weeks.....home learning with EN is ok but you have to be ultra disciplined as its too easy to keep shoving it in the cupboard lol x

Hi, i cannot enrol on a college class as my husband is in the army and we move house every 2 years often abroad as well as him being away and serving in Afghanistan plus with 2 children this is a rather difficult predicament to be in. I have been using gel and doing nail art for the last 5 years but cannot find a course that seems to shine out to me. There seems to be so many courses i would like to do but also finance is an issue.

I have been playing about with Star Nails products and also some other to get used to the consistency and working with these products (Mainly making flowers etc)

Please let me state i only do my own nails, i have been asked to do friends nails but have refused due to obvious reasons, i wouldn't feel comfortable with doing other peoples nails

Regards

I totally understand what you are saying, but i will also say that being a single mum, i found it VERY difficult both, financially and time wise ...but it was THE BEST decision i made..

moving every two years is not a problem, you will find being a nail tech is a skill you can take with you.. and think of all the army wives as potential clients!!

Enrol on a foundation with a reputable company, the course is usually 5 days spread out over time so its not everyday for months. You really seem keen and you will find it to be well worth your time. x

Thank you all so much for your replys they are all greatly appreciated

Regards :)

Please consider some proffessional training.
You obviously have a passion for nails ( which helps:wink2:) and you certinally have a talent for nail art.
I have a salon next to an RAF base and believe me RAF wifes and GF love to have their nails done...think of the many balls they have throughout the year.
It's a proffession you can take with you wherever you are posted.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your familly it must be a very difficult time for you
:hug:

Is there anyone that you could go through with the army for help with funding a course etc? I only ask as i was in the army a few years ago and have just applied through the british legion for funding for a spray tan course! It may be worth asking around the barracks. My husband brought me a home learn acrylic kit and whilst it is great for learning and getting some practice in i don't feel that i will know enough or have enough practice to be able to charge customers on completing it so i am already planning a conversion course with one of the big companies.

Good luck hun, my thoughts are with you and all our troops out there at the moment. xx

Latest posts

Back