Sculpted my first nail!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slhallford

Reaction score
I love it! My left thumb broke at school yesterday. I soaked it off (which was hideously painful after having been savaged by my ex-instructor) and knew I had to overlay it again so it could grow out properly.

I made some obvious mistakes, one bead was too dry and had a few air bubbles, the smile line looked like I was drunk and overall I think I just used too much product. BUT, I know how to fix those mistakes and that gives me some hope. I kept the product away from the cuticle and sidewalls and my zone three came out very nicely.

I think I'll see a lot of improvement once I've done my Creative l&p class but I've passed that hurdle of, "what if I can never figure this out!?".

S

sarah, wheres the pic? I want to see!!:lol:

Teri x:hug:

Oh no! Seriously, it's so amateur. I did take some for posterity. Let me see if I can work up my nerve. There was a lot of sculpting with my file. :eek:

ETA: pics These should provide entertainment for the rest of the week. :lol:

S

Attachments

• apexsculpt.jpg
    apexsculpt.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 65
  • barrelsculpt.jpg
    barrelsculpt.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 59
  • headonsculpt.jpg
    headonsculpt.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 79
  • topsculpt.jpg
    topsculpt.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 73
:hug: Hi Sarah;

I think you did a lovely job, on your first sculpt..
Thank you for sharing.

Sincerely
Janet
the nail fairy:hug:

Sarah well done firstly for posting pics.

As you said you know where you need to improve and that's half the battle mate.

For a first sculpt I think you've done well.

Big pat on the back for you.

Teri x:hug:

Take a look at the supersonic sculpting tutorial,it will help loads hth's x

Well done for trying & being brave enough to post!! You'll soon have the hang of it!!! :)

Well done for posting your pics, they are good, need improving, but then you would expect that being your first time. I don;t think my first sculpt was that good, so well done you Hun.:hug:

I think you did well ! as you said you know where you need to improve and so now all you gotta do is practice. :)
good on you for sharing xx

I thought it was actually quite good for a first sculpt - you should have seen my first effort! Thank you for posting the pics. xx

Good on you Sarah, you are so brave for posting, I'm trying to get to grips with sculpting and think you done a great job :)

There is loads of potential there, you have done really well for your first try, should have seen my first attempt at a set of nails , they were so bad that the friend i was using for a model hasnt spoken to me since lol and im not kidding

Thanks, everyone.

I sat for a while this afternoon and made friends with Nailclass again. I think I may have a go later and see if I can, um, sober up the smile line a bit. I have to say, though, I don't know how I'd ever get through training without a sense of humor. :o

S

Latest posts

Back