Sculpting forms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahjs

Reaction score
Hi, is it ok to use gold sculpting forms for gel or do they have to be clear as recommended by nsi.

Thankyou x

It is best to use clear forms with all gels hun, this way the UV light can penetrate from above and below and fully cure the gel, hth :hug:

It is best to use clear forms with all gels hun, this way the UV light can penetrate from above and below and fully cure the gel, hth :hug:

That's how I was taught, too. :)

Hi Hun,
The gel can't fully cure with the gold forms. You do need clear, or use clear tips.
Lotsa luv x x :hug: x x

Hmmmmm....... again I could be being "thick" but with Bio Sculpture we use gold/black forms? Is anybody out there using Bio Sculpture and only uses clear??

Thanks
Amanda :)

Clear forms are great and you do need them when using a white builder gel, to be sure to get a full cure.
But.....if you are using black/gold/purple whatever :rolleyes:colour forms that the UV won't penetrate from the underside then sculpt out a thin layer of clear gel for your shape and length and cure, then remove the form and apply the white gel then.

hi ya..... i was taught that you could do it a number of different ways by georgie smedley.....obviously using ezflow but expect the same principles would apply with other brands. You could use the clear forms.... but i didnt really get on with the ezflow ones. The other way i was told was to use regular forms....i was using the green ezflow ones. You attach the forms as you usually would and do a thin layer of clear gel all over the entire nail and extending it to the length you need. Do a full cure of this layer...pinching in if needed with tongs every 10 secs for the first 30 secs. remove the sticky layer and the form then lightly file so that the nail is thin and even.....it has to be very thin at the free edge so you dont see the layer of clear from the free edge.
you are then ready to apply your product as you normally would just as if you had attched a tip and blended it in....it might sould like lot of faffing around but i didnt find that it took that long to do...no more than it would for apply tips....and i found the end result was better for me.
I am sure many get on with the clear forms but i just didnt, lol.....so this is just a way around it.
hope it helps

hi ya..... i was taught that you could do it a number of different ways by georgie smedley.....obviously using ezflow but expect the same principles would apply with other brands. You could use the clear forms.... but i didnt really get on with the ezflow ones. The other way i was told was to use regular forms....i was using the green ezflow ones. You attach the forms as you usually would and do a thin layer of clear gel all over the entire nail and extending it to the length you need. Do a full cure of this layer...pinching in if needed with tongs every 10 secs for the first 30 secs. remove the sticky layer and the form then lightly file so that the nail is thin and even.....it has to be very thin at the free edge so you dont see the layer of clear from the free edge.
you are then ready to apply your product as you normally would just as if you had attched a tip and blended it in....it might sould like lot of faffing around but i didnt find that it took that long to do...no more than it would for apply tips....and i found the end result was better for me.
I am sure many get on with the clear forms but i just didnt, lol.....so this is just a way around it.
hope it helps

This is what I meant but Sian has explained it much better.;)
I think it may be the same method with CND's Brisa Gel too as they no longer do clear forms.

lol izzi...i think you posted while i was writing mine out haha!!

Bio Sculpture don't teach with or even sell clear nail forms, only the gold&black or reusable silver forms. This is how we are taught at Bio Sculpture and the gel cures correctly everytime so I have never needed to switch to clear forms. Maybe, like with other things there are different rules/methods for different gels?:rolleyes:

Clear forms are not necessary if you are using clear or sheer gels.

Only with opaque gels does one need to use a clear tip, form or primary layer of clear gel. The appropriate UV lamp for your system will penetrate and cure gels that are clear or semi clear, perfectly well.

Latest posts

Back