Sculpting over short enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brittone05

Reaction score
So, I know that you can scuplt from a short free edge NN and that you can extend the nail bed from that....

If a client ( or indeed yourself ) has a short enhancement already in place, can this be used as a base to sculpt from? Would there be any issues with adjoining the acrylic as it is already set?

I am finding it difficult to put forms onto my training hand and want to have a try at sculpting but my NN are very brittle and one is broken right down with no free egde hence they are all a uniform length nice and short with tip and overlay.

Thanks in advance Geeks xx

You can add new acrylic to old acrylic with out issues (like in a rebalance)

Generally, if you have removed all of the shine from the surfaces of the nail to be sculpted on (whether it be natural or not), product will stick to it. But, I'm not really sure what it is you are trying to do. Are you trying to add length to nails that already have enhancements on, and are just not long enough? Or are you wanting to sculpt a longer nailplate on your practice hand so it is easier to fit forms to?

I'm guessing the Brittone already has short enhancements in place and wants to just practice sculpts on her own hands without having to take the enhancements off? I think! lol x

Yup that is it Lisa :) Way I figure is if I have to remove them as an end result then that is okay as I want them done a little longer anyway - if not then it is won-win because I get practice AND a set that are a bit longer.

I usually have them generous on the length sie but moving house and stuff saw me take the length right back to keep it practical :)

Shall have a play and see how I get on - thanks for replying xxx

Go for it! you can always soak them off or file them down again! ;)

I know it should be easier sculpting on your own hands but I'm not great and I absolutely HATE having to do my right hand. It took me about 1.5 hours to do my right hand the other night, I was quite pleased as the smile lines looked pretty good and I wasn't expecting that but my c curves aren't up to scratch at all. I have a nail trainer to practice on but the fingers are just so fat and wide, wish there was something else I could practice on. :D x

I know it should be easier sculpting on your own hands but I'm not great and I absolutely HATE having to do my right hand. It took me about 1.5 hours to do my right hand the other night, I was quite pleased as the smile lines looked pretty good and I wasn't expecting that but my c curves aren't up to scratch at all. I have a nail trainer to practice on but the fingers are just so fat and wide, wish there was something else I could practice on. :D x

Why dont you advertize localy for modles ? :)

I would love someone to practice on but, having just moved to a teeny village in Norfolk, I don't know anyone yet and those who I have met so far as all ladies of a post-retirement age who may not appreciate sculpted stilettos and nail art ;)

Yeah I will do, I was using Salon Guinea pig which was working for me when I was college. Kids go back to school this week so it's back to it for me! :D x

I would love someone to practice on but, having just moved to a teeny village in Norfolk, I don't know anyone yet and those who I have met so far as all ladies of a post-retirement age who may not appreciate sculpted stilettos and nail art ;)

True but alot of older ladys do make good loyal clients :) and they normaly have familly :)

Latest posts

Back