Sculpting Question???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh Geek

Reaction score
I have been checking out the tutorials, and have been unable to locate the answer!!!
Can anyone tell me once the form is in place, where is the 1st bead placed, is it on the edge of the form, or fully on the form???

Also.... are there any hints you can give to perfecting a good shape with the performance form???

I have tried pinching the sides after application of product, but sometimes this goes a bit haywire, is there an easier way of doing this???
Suex

This is how Sam does it:
I apply a thin layer of white up to the natural nail free edge and essentially, sculpt out a tip.
Take a medium size bead… one that’s relative to the width and length of the ‘tip’ you are sculpting out and apply it up against the free edge. Be careful not to push product onto the surface of the plate.

Give the bead a moment to settle, then in gentle nudging motions… push it up to the free edge line and out to one side. When you get to about 80% of the way over, work the other side of the bead to the 80% mark.

Go back to the first side and nudge it up into the corner, then repeat the nudging on the opposite side.

Gently smooth out your surface and then carve your lower arch in with the side of your brush.
You do this by scooping the side up… and then by pushing it toward the natural nail… then away in a swooping motion.

Zone 1

All that follows now are the exact same steps I would follow as when performing a tip and an overlay.
I place a medium sized medium wet bead of Retention+ and Perfect Color White tip powder close to (but not on) the smile line.
I give the bead a moment to settle and gently press from side to side forming the smile line with the flag of my brush.

I cover the smile line technique in the
Million Dollar Smile line turorial in far more detail.

The first application gives you a ledge on which you build your white tip ( your Zone 1).....you go up to the edge but not onto the nail itself, you will have perfect bead control when it comes to creating your white smile line.... and it also encases the nail in the L&P, so less chance off curling of the natural nail after wards.............

The forms are pretty good, take a from and before you peel off the sticky back paper, roll the form between thumb and forefinger,this creates your c-curve, you can also stick the little pop out circle under the form to make it more solid.............

Pinching is at first a bit of trial and error, it all depends on your setting time.... when the room is hot it will be shorter and vise versa................
practice is the key here.............

HTH a little bit

How do you get a good c-curve when you are doing a white tip and overlay with the brisa gels? I have being trying to build it up but it doesn't seem to be happening for me. Can anyone explain please?

:confused: :irked:

Latest posts

Back