Sculpting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
well i would like all input on sculpts.. what im posting is different angles on my finished sculpts.. oval w/ stilletto feature.. wrong hand
on the c curve i pinch and c curve stick.. but as you can see the finish isnt as it should be.. any tips would be great.. and critique overall is welcome.

2008_0229burgandy0007.JPG

2008_0229burgandy0004.JPG

2008_0229burgandy0005.JPG

Last edited:
Y ARE THEY SO POINTY

I Sculpt My Own Nails With Forms But My Are Flare
Not In A Pointy V Sorry I Dont Like The Pointy Look

I Sculpt My Own Nails With Forms But My Are Flare
Not In A Pointy V Sorry I Dont Like The Pointy Look

dont be sorry .. im not keen on flare so we all have our preferences.. but im wondering if perhaps i should use a smaller c curve on stillettos then i would on say square..
so any helpfull advice is appreciated.:green:

THEY ARE VERY PRETTY BUT I DONT LIKE THE POINTY
NAILS

GIVE IT A TRY SEE WHAT HAPPENS

chels I would say the c curve looks fine for the stillettos tbh xx maybe a touch to thick/uneven on the FE and take the edges in a touch (think of a half moon shape)

also look at your form placement, I think you could do with it being angled down abit more, the side view is a lovely shape but should be angled down a touch to give you a better lower arch.

Hope you don't mind me saying this, I love the shape/form and love that colour (tried mixing it myself today ta chick x)

chels I would say the c curve looks fine for the stillettos tbh xx maybe a touch to thick/uneven on the FE and take the edges in a touch (think of a half moon shape)

also look at your form placement, I think you could do with it being angled down abit more, the side view is a lovely shape but should be angled down a touch to give you a better lower arch.

Hope you don't mind me saying this, I love the shape/form and love that colour (tried mixing it myself today ta chick x)
no hun this is exactly the critique i was after! thanks..x

I THINK THEY ARE VERY PRETTY AND THE PURPLE IS
WAY COOL ALOT OF GIRLS HERE WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING THEY ALL
LOVE THEM SO U DID A GREAT JOB

OOh I cant see the green text. AT ALL

nice but it is diff to do forms totally evenly even i battle myself weldone

nice design but try get all the nails to be the same shape, som of yours are not the same.

I 'think' the ring finger is meant to be longer

o0h and i've just noticed vin in the background !!

I 'think' the ring finger is meant to be longer

o0h and i've just noticed vin in the background !!

yeah my kiwi baby boy.. ring finger is meant to be longer.. long stilletto is hard to wear on my working hand.. so i only do it on my ring finger as a feature.. do less damage to myself that way..

ok chels you want critique??

They are the dogs bollocks . Absolutely gorgeous. I love em.

:hug::hug:

i like the ring finger nail, i think they r nice and the c curve is perfect :green:

Hey Chels xo, stilletto is the most challenging to shape for a start:hug:
Guess you like the challenge:lol:
Umm, to get really critical :eek::hug:, work on your brush angles and, final shaping.
I don't think its so much about the form placement (although as Clara said,I do agree, it may help your under arch)
Check all your view points before your final gloss.
Try a square to rounded square (hate the term squoval:eek:) next time, you will find it much easier. :hug:
IMO stilleto is artistically challenging, but most clients in Aus (anyway) just don't appreciate the form.

Latest posts

Back