Secret Santa 2008 - Need Santa :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VHunter

Reaction score
Hi Geeks...

It's with a heavy heart that I make this announcement.
But this year, I'm unable to be the "Secret Santa Geek" Organizer.:cry:

The reason being.. I'm burnt out. I recently had bloodtests for which I'm awaiting results. I'm suffering some chronic fatigue that we are trying to find the cause of. I barely manage to check my messages with any kind of regularity. I miss all of you a great deal and it saddens me deeply to step down this year. But I don't feel up to the task, and I don't want to embark upon the project and then fail to deliver; and if I wait any longer, it will be too late to start. I simply don't want to let anyone down.

I have had to let a few things slide lately that I ordinarily wouldn't because I simply can't keep up. Most days, by 6pm, I'm yawning as if it's midnight...

It breaks my heart because I get such pleasure reading all the posts of the 'surprises' people get, and about how much pleasure they derive from the 'game'. That for me, is the highlight of it all.

Please accept my heartfelt apologies.. I plan to be back to my normal self for next year.
In the meantime, if anyone feels up to the task (who has premie status for the onslaught of messages); please send me a message and I'll give you all that I have to help you sort it out.

Again, I am VERY VERY VERY sorry.
I had hoped to start it sooner, but I do understand that most don't want xmas during halloween. I truly do understand.
But now my schedule is even more demanding, and with my health as poor as it is at the moment... I simply can't keep up with it all.

Giant hugs to all of you, and I'm sorry for letting you down.
:hug::cry:

I will put my name forward for it.

Oh hunni, sorry that you are feeling so crappy. Dont you worry about it chick! you concentrate on getting you better and back fighting fit. Fingers crossed for your test results.
You have had a very very busy year this year too hun so that probably hasn't helped.
Wondered why hadnt seen you around for a while, you know where I am if you want to chat as I also suffer Chronic Fatigue syndrome (M.E) So know how difficult it is to cope with.
Massive :hug: to you and wishing you a speedy recovery.
Jen xxx

Thanks so much ladies! Your support means the world, you've no idea.

Glamnails72 has emailed me to let me know she'll take the reigns.
I've also heard from Fifitrix.
So, how about if Fifitrix & Hippychick help out Yvette? (aka glamnails72)
If you guys can sort out who does what, and let me know so that I can email the files you'll need?

Thanks again. I'm so bummed because I enjoyed so much all the messages back and forth and peeps being surprised...
And all the new things I learned about people, making them more "real" to me (from their lists of interests and likes and dislikes).

giant hugs to all of you and I hope to sort this fatigue out soon
:hug:

Oh Victoria, sorry to hear you arn't feeling too good.You haven't let anyone down :hug: don't worry.
You just get yourself better xx.

*big hugs*, hope you feel better soon.

So sorry to hear you arn't feeling great Victoria. You take care and get your strength back! :hug:
Marion xx

I had wondered why we hadn't seen as much of you on here. Thank you for introducing me to Secret Santa last year, you did a great job and your efforts were appreciated but your health is more important.

Take care.
Rebecca J

yes, would be happy too help in anyway.

your reply says it all though.......you have suggested THREE people to do the work that YOU did solo!!!

hope you recover, and take care.x :hug:

V I'm sorry to hear that you're not well, hope the doctors get to the bottom of it soon :hug: xx

yes, would be happy too help in anyway.

your reply says it all though.......you have suggested THREE people to do the work that YOU did solo!!!

hope you recover, and take care.x :hug:

Thanks hun!
Well, it's easy and it's not. Hard to explain.... time consuming all the following up when peeps forget to include info.... I had a 'method' for keeping tracks of follow ups using colour coding LOL The work is 'easy' in itself... it's keeping track and sorting that's tricky. THEN the gazillion pm's that go out haha

Thanks again I hope it all works out. Feel free to message me with any questions of what might be an easier way... or whatever.. I've done it 2 yrs now... and learned a few tricks to simplify things lol (also used to run it at my old office before I stayed home, for 300+ people......)

I DO plan on participating too!!

giant hugs and thanks everyone for understanding

Thanks hun!
Well, it's easy and it's not. Hard to explain.... time consuming all the following up when peeps forget to include info.... I had a 'method' for keeping tracks of follow ups using colour coding LOL The work is 'easy' in itself... it's keeping track and sorting that's tricky. THEN the gazillion pm's that go out haha

Thanks again I hope it all works out. Feel free to message me with any questions of what might be an easier way... or whatever.. I've done it 2 yrs now... and learned a few tricks to simplify things lol (also used to run it at my old office before I stayed home, for 300+ people......)

I DO plan on participating too!!

giant hugs and thanks everyone for understanding

I have replied to Yvette's pm and am happy to do what I can to help.

You get yourself better Victoria, sending you huge :hug: xxxx

:hug::hug::hug::hug: Lots of get well hugs to you Victoria xxx

As the Secret Santa little helpers have now been found LOL, to keep the site tidy, I think this thread can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back