Seeing client tonight and need advice please.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
Doing my first rebalance tonight on my nailbiter and in just over a week she has lost all but 3 nails!!!!

I have had a chat to her and have found that she hasn't been terribly careful with them but what can I do to reduce the chance of her losing so many?

I made the original set fairly short so I could go even shorter I guess.

Any
other advice please.....................:hug:

I think you heading the right way by making the nails a lot shorter, nail biters nails grow alot faster so become 'unbalanced' within a week, I try to get these new clients to come for weekly re balances until they are used to them.

also go over all her home care advice again, and NO freebies start as you mean to go on xx

and double check your building your apex up enough (if they have broke at the tip)

charge for the rebalance and charge for the 3 lost, she might even have more by the time she gets to you

I had a nail biter client who bit badly, warned her that she would have to pay for each and every nail that was broken she went a whole eight weeks without losing one then we went over to nnos

from that day i have never thought a breakage on anyone was due to my work :)

I think you heading the right way by making the nails a lot shorter, nail biters nails grow alot faster so become 'unbalanced' within a week, I try to get these new clients to come for weekly re balances until they are used to them.

also go over all her home care advice again, and NO freebies start as you mean to go on xx

and double check your building your apex up enough (if they have broke at the tip)

Thanks for your quick advice!:hug:

She has actually lost entire nails - the whole lots, all the product gone.

Does this suggest that my prep wasn't quite up to standard? I thought I had done a good job on that but perhaps not.:irked:

Doing my first rebalance tonight on my nailbiter and in just over a week she has lost all but 3 nails!!!!

I have had a chat to her and have found that she hasn't been terribly careful with them but what can I do to reduce the chance of her losing so many?

Any other advice please.....................:hug:

I agree with Clare, I see my biters weekly too!

It's good that's she's been honest with you, I hate that "no I don't even use that hand" malarky!!

Did you give her an aftercare sheet and sell her some cuticle oil too??

Teri x:hug:

Does this suggest that my prep wasn't quite up to standard? I thought I had done a good job on that but perhaps not.:irked:
NO NO NO!!

Doing a nail bitter is hard, not only to actually do the enhancements, but to keep your confidence afterwards.

Firstly bear in mind how small those nail plates were, then bear in mind where those nails have been for the last however many years (in her mouth) You can bet your bottom dollar thats where they have still been!

Give the nails a swipe with Scrubfresh and see if you can see where they have been 'helped off' The likely hood is that she won't have even known she was doing it, until it was too late.

Do not let this dent your confidence in your prep :hug:

Did you give her an aftercare sheet and sell her some cuticle oil too??
Teri x:hug:

Yes I gave her the CND aftercare sheet, we also spoke about it and I gave her a complimentary solar oil pinkie.

Some biters still bite and pick their enhancements hun, please remember this and don't beat yourself up about it.

Nail biters can be hard work and they need to work with you, I'm sure you are doing everything spot on!!

Teri xx:hug::hug:

charge for the rebalance and charge for the 3 lost, she might even have more by the time she gets to you

I had a nail biter client who bit badly, warned her that she would have to pay for each and every nail that was broken she went a whole eight weeks without losing one then we went over to nnos

from that day i have never thought a breakage on anyone was due to my work :)

listen she is still putting her fingers in her mouth, its not you. Nail biters can be nightmare sometimes be confident :hug:

Thanks for your advice everyone.:hug:

I've got to be at hers for 7.30 so I'll let you know how it goes.:Scared:

Just read your thread, cant wait to see how you got on - I have a picker / biter, she sat there in front of me today actually picking at her natural nail overlays that I had just done while I was doing her nno french on her toes!!!

You know, using one nail to 'flick' at the free edge of another, I could hear it 'clicking'!:eek: None of hers actually come off, just lift from her natural nail at the free edge, but only a tiny bit, which proves to me its her picking thats making them lift!!!

Let us know chick! :hug::hug:

i always tell nail biters,
" you know what saliva does to food? it breaks it down !!
what could it do if those nails are repeatedly in the mouth then????
gives them the thought to try and keep them out of the mouth
sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt
i tend to find my nail biters i have 50% response to those who can grow their nails to those who bite their extensions off
good luck mate xx

Well she did admit that although she hasn't been biting them they are constantly in her mouth, tapping them on her teeth!:lol:

My biggest problem was getting the tips on to be honest.

Where some of the nails had come off she had then bitten the natural nail down further.
On her little finger there was honestly no more than 4 or 5mm of natural nail on which to apply the tip. On my first attempt it pinged off when I tried blending it. Also her nails are so tiny that even the smallest tip had to be filed smaller to go on and I then had trouble blending the 'ears' of the tips.

I have another new client tonight who is also a biter and frankly I'm not looking forward to it.:irked:

Well she did admit that although she hasn't been biting them they are constantly in her mouth, tapping them on her teeth!:lol:

Where some of the nails had come off she had then bitten the natural nail down further.
On her little finger there was honestly no more than 4 or 5mm of natural nail on which to apply the tip. On my first attempt it pinged off when I tried blending it. Also her nails are so tiny that even the smallest tip had to be filed smaller to go on and I then had trouble blending the 'ears' of the tips.

I have another new client tonight who is also a biter and frankly I'm not looking forward to it.:irked:

Morning, iv had a biter with me for 3 yrs now and its only been in the last year that she can go 2 weeks..! Its a nasty habit to break as half the time they dont relise their fingers are in their mouths. Stick with it hun, you'l be great !! xx

I hope it goes well debs,be confident,and be firm but friendly,if this client is serious about nails she mustnt keep putting them in her mouth:eek:
Thinking of you hun:hug:

Hi new to this, just rading about your nail biters experience! i have a nail biter booked in next week, i was gonna attemp sculpts on her but thinking tips may be better, any advice??

Hi new to this, just rading about your nail biters experience! i have a nail biter booked in next week, i was gonna attemp sculpts on her but thinking tips may be better, any advice??

Any
other advice please.....................:hug:
what dvice can you give me on tipping a nail biter??

Latest posts

Back