Self employed staff stealing off me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call a staff meeting, tell everyone that the cost of the missing items will be taken from their wages/commission as everyone is responsible and liable for stock. Unless the theif comes forward, this should deterr them from doing it in the future and also more likely to make people who know who stole it, get pissed off and tell the theif where to go!

I HATE theives, have had a big problem with it at my salon and its not funny,. especially at this difficult time, £100 went missing 'mysteriously' the week before last.

Bin her! There is no choice really. She is stealing from you and possibly from other staff members and THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR! A child of 4 knows that stealing is wrong and unacceptable, don't put up with it and the fact that she hasn't signed a contract (if I'm reading that right) means that she has no comeback anyhow. Go in hard and fast and get rid. Also if you put up with this who's to say she won't start stealing from the customers? Don't let your salon get a reputation for that sort of thing. And don't let your salon get a reputation for staff being able to steal from it.

My sister is a teacher in a quite rough inner London school and she has no problems with discipline because every time she get a new class or starts a new job/year she gives detention to anyone who messes with her and she gets their respect. Kids (even old ones) respect ppl that discipline them, having someone take charge is comforting. Your other staff will think twice about messing with you and you will feel relieved into the bargin! They will also have more respect because you won't be taken for a ride.

Hope that makes sense, Friends is on in the background and I find it very difficult to type what I want to say and not what they are saying! Lol

I hope we shall soon hear that the postrer has taken the good ... actually essential ... advice she has been given.

done....gone, with the money fraudulently claimed in my bank account! Thanks geeks xxx

Good for you.
How was it? How did they take it?

done....gone, with the money fraudulently claimed in my bank account! Thanks geeks xxx

Well done !!

We are all really pleased for you :)

Gina xx

I can really feel how hard this decision is for you, i had to sack someone last year, my first, and it made me ill with worry, i HATE confruntation. How do you do it ,what do you say, can you say what you want, will it be legal? will you get in trouble?
Firstly get all the legal advice you need so you know how to do it if and when.
But most importantly just stop and re read your post, it has upset you enough and worried you enough to ask for help and support, I think you know what you need to do.
It is'nt fair for someone to make you feel like this, she has no right, you are in charge and you can rise to the challenge. You have done nothing wrong except be a kind and easy going boss, she has undermind you.
YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO...and boy will you feel better after...trust me.
Good Luck

Latest posts

Back