Selling MINX on ebay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supermummy

Reaction score
There are a handful of people selling MINX on ebay. I assume they must be professionals in order to obtain them in the first place but IMO are not acting in a professional manner.

MINX is a professional-only product and we should keep it that way to protect what we do. If MINX starts being accessible to the general public it is not fair on all those professionals who invest in setting up as a Minx technician.

:irked: I am fuming! :irked:

What does everyone else think?

I haven't invested in this product yet, but have been researching it for possibly the early winter ready for the Xmas party market.

I would certainly think twice about purchasing Minx if it is readily available to purchase on E Bay, as you say Joe public can purchase it, have a goog old google about application and then give it a go themselves!

I would be fuming too!

I guess it was just a matter of time. The one thing I would say is that it may be genuine, it may not, who knows who the sellers are or where they are getting it from. Joe public might get their hands on Minx, genuine or not, but will they be able to make it work for them?

You can buy all manner of professional products on Fleabay but it wont put me off investing in Minx at some stage any more than it put me off training to do any other aspect of nail enhancements.

They might think it looks easy, they always do, but with out the proper prep work they wont make Minx work any better than they do anything else and then its us that get the custom.

:hug:

I suppose the only saving grace is that they would have to buy the Minx Lamp (and hopefully the public won't know anything about which sort to buy) and also they are £12.50 plus p+p on ebay so maybe they would rather spend that extra money to go somewhere and have it done. They would have to give themselves a manicure with all the correct procedure of removing the cuticle and dehydrating the nail so after they have bought all that stuff it may have been better for them to just go and have it done somewhere.

Also it takes a bit of practise to get the Minx perfect so maybe after their first time of doing it (and hopefully it turning out bad) they would be put off by doing it themselves and then come back to us! And appreciate that we make it look easy!! :)

xxx

People will always buy of ebay and everything appears there at some point, but the people who want it done by a professional will always want it that way, so ebay should not harm your business, just prove to them once they have tried it that you are worth what they pay for, the skill of application needed needs a professionals touch.

If it can be sold you WILL find it on ebay, just sods law

People will always buy of ebay and everything appears there at some point, but the people who want it done by a professional will always want it that way, so ebay should not harm your business, just prove to them once they have tried it that you are worth what they pay for, the skill of application needed needs a professionals touch.

If it can be sold you WILL find it on ebay, just sods law

So true, what can we do about it? Nothing. I know who I would rather be getting my minx done by.

I have lost count of the number of phone calls and emails I have had through my website asking how it is applied etc., I always direct them the Sweets website.

If it can be sold you WILL find it on ebay, just sods law - Originally Posted by Nail Delights

Ebay are only alllowed to list products which the seller is entitled to sell. Minx is a professional-only product and is not available retail ergo the seller is not entitled to sell it.

It is not true that if it can be sold it will be on ebay. There are plenty of things that ebay will not let you list, one example of this is ear candles although this is for a different reason (ebay say it is an unproven medical device - but they allow sales of DIY tooth whitening, diet pills and all sorts of potentially dangerous things!)

Last edited:
The thing is with e-bay folk may buy professional products but they wont know how to use them probably so they will end up making a cock up of them anyway.

As long as people are people then these things will happen.

There are no instructions with Minx .. would you know what to do with them if you had no instructions?

If it is a customer of S2 buying them to resell them shame on them ... it just shows how greedy and non professional so many are who get involved with nails. I noticed the seller is listing them as Creative which is quite wrong and untrue .. isn't this misleading the buyer? Passing off .. false advertising etc?

Personally, I don't waste my time worrying about it.

Last edited:
Hi,
I emailed the Ebay seller to see if they did any of the patterned ones, they emailed back with a link to Minx website, which has a link to S2.
All I had to do was tell them which pattern code I wanted and they would order them.
So it has to be a S2 customer who is buying them to sell at a large proffit.
But lets face it, anyone who buys them will make a bugger of them, I was at The Event, watched very closely and I still need to go to S2 to train in them.
As I still can't get mine perfect on me yet........So not been offered to clients yet.
Of course I did not order from the Ebay seller, cheaper to buy them legit from S2.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug::hug: x x x

Hi,
I emailed the Ebay seller to see if they did any of the patterned ones, they emailed back with a link to Minx website, which has a link to S2.
All I had to do was tell them which pattern code I wanted and they would order them.
So it has to be a S2 customer who is buying them to sell at a large proffit.
But lets face it, anyone who buys them will make a bugger of them, I was at The Event, watched very closely and I still need to go to S2 to train in them.
As I still can't get mine perfect on me yet........So not been offered to clients yet.
Of course I did not order from the Ebay seller, cheaper to buy them legit from S2.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug::hug: x x x

I'm a recent Minx convert and I would suggest tht you practice on another set of hand rather than your own. It really needs 2 hands to do it properly then, after lots of practice, you might be able to do it on yourself. I think you are seriously holding up your progress by trying to apply to your nails.

Ebay can be a menace with the number of greedy people round. Without instructions and the right equipment no one will be able to apply them. Trouble is the product will be blamed as useless as people that buy products like this NEVER believe it is them that is unable to do it!

RESULT ...
The GMG has just banned an ebay seller of Minx. And Minx are working on something else so how about that???

RESULT ...
The GMG has just banned an ebay seller of Minx. And Minx are working on something else so how about that???

So what are you taking as bribes to spill then??? :lol::lol:

:lol:

You should know me by now ... I never spill!!

:lol:
You should know me by now ... I never spill!!

damn and blast :lol: it was worth a try :green:

What a result getting the rogue minx sellers off of ebay! xx

I have had numerous calls asking me to sell Minx to people instead of them coming to me & have been asked if I would sell it on the auction site:eek: like...errrrm NO! I explained to these people why and that it's a professional product etc etc.
I then looked for Minx on ebay, but found none, thankfully. That was about 2/3 months ago. However, I have spotted it on there recently and was severely pissed off! Then I read what these sellers were saying etc to sell the product & thought HA! A buyer would have no chance of being able to apply this & forgot about it.
I did wonder, as Minx is only available from professional wholesalers, that these people would soon be discovered as there is most likely a record of what has been sold to whom & checking on ebay for them would be quite easy for them to assess who it could be!
Good on you GMG!!!! I'm so pleased these greedy people/person has been banned from S2 - was it worth it hey?.............A few days of fast bucks then a ban from their supplier - serves them bloody right!:lol:

I have had numerous calls asking me to sell Minx to people instead of them coming to me & have been asked if I would sell it on the auction site:eek: like...errrrm NO! I explained to these people why and that it's a professional product etc etc.
I then looked for Minx on ebay, but found none, thankfully. That was about 2/3 months ago. However, I have spotted it on there recently and was severely pissed off! Then I read what these sellers were saying etc to sell the product & thought HA! A buyer would have no chance of being able to apply this & forgot about it.
I did wonder, as Minx is only available from professional wholesalers, that these people would soon be discovered as there is most likely a record of what has been sold to whom & checking on ebay for them would be quite easy for them to assess who it could be!
Good on you GMG!!!! I'm so pleased these greedy people/person has been banned from S2 - was it worth it hey?.............A few days of fast bucks then a ban from their supplier - serves them bloody right!:lol:

Got to tell you that Samuel spent allot of time on this and it was not easy at all.

It might have been easy if there were several buyers of Minx but Minx is being sold to thousands of nail techs so I'm sure you can imagine that to find the ONE was difficult and time consuming and it is time that diverts his attention from frankly, the more important issues of running the business. Not that diversion is not an important issue and of course he has done this for our professionals but these things just steal time which for us all is precious.

Thanks Sam for all of your efforts on this problem.

Thanks Sam for all your time and effort, much appreciated..xx

Thanks Sam for taking the time to do that, very much appreciated
xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back