Semi-permanent make-up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveBeautyx

Reaction score
Hello!
What does everyone think about semipermanent make-up? I haven't quite made my mind up on it yet.

What are the pros and cons? X

Are you asking as a client or prospective technician?

As a professional. I have thought about doing some sort of training. On the other hand I would also give it ago myself! X

have pm'd you

Do it! Once you get the hang of it it's really therapeutic to actually do it! I know that sounds weird but I just go into a zone haha.
I know they do taster days at one place, can't remember the name of it (saw it in my pro beauty mag I got yesterday) and it was £200. Might be worth you doing it if you're unsure. Hth x

from a client prospective i have had this done twice now on my eyebrows as i have no hair there and hate the way my eyebrows grow in !!

I have always penciled in my eyebrows so thought this was a fantastic as it would mean so much to me not having to worry about waking up without the pencil on so i took the plunge and paid £300 for them to be done in a well known beauty shop in newcastle town centre.

Looked lovely once they were done and i was over the moon with them but within 12 weeks they went blue !!! totally horrible ! colour she used was black/brown and the colour faded straight away and i now have blue eyebrows ! they are disgraceful , i complained and they told me that its been too long now to beable to get my money back :( i thought right il get it done again and see what happens as it means a lot too me and once again they have gone blue !!!

I always have to pencil them on still and not happy what they look like without makeup as they look horrible :(

What a waste of money and now paid over £600 to have blue eyebrows :( gutted x

Oh no that's not good! I would definitely take those cases further though!

I have a couple of friends that have had it done and love it, so it's such a shame your experience is bad! I suppose it's just where you go!

I am seriously considering training in it in the future. The course seems so expensive. And the kit!
Xx

hunt down a geek on here called CARMS i think it is, i've been admiring her work, find out where she trained and what she uses. I had my eyebrows done a week ago now, i still need to go back for my top up but they aren't exactly amazing, the colour has faded into poo brown and one starts further back than the other, can't wait to go back and get it sorted. i think who you train with and what you use is a massive importance with semi permanent make up. good luck :D

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your eyebrows, depending on how deep the pigment has been placed and how dark will determine whether or not it is correctable, if not laser is the best option for removal or to fade them down so they can be gone over again.
Its so important to do your research before going ahead with the procedure.
Unfortunately many choose a technician based on price, which i think is crazy when dealing with your face!
Always ask to see a portfolio of work, this should be a substantial amount of pictures to showcase lots of different skills.
recomendation is also a good way to go......... the majority of my business is from word of mouth.

To the initial poster, yes, permanent make up is certainly can be a lucrative business providing you are good at it! and very driven.
Unfortunately many train in this area and waste thousands of pounds as its not something everyone will excell at, some people will have natural ability.
My advice would be to go on a taster day somewhere and get a feel for it

claire x

from a client prospective i have had this done twice now on my eyebrows as i have no hair there and hate the way my eyebrows grow in !!

I have always penciled in my eyebrows so thought this was a fantastic as it would mean so much to me not having to worry about waking up without the pencil on so i took the plunge and paid £300 for them to be done in a well known beauty shop in newcastle town centre.

Looked lovely once they were done and i was over the moon with them but within 12 weeks they went blue !!! totally horrible ! colour she used was black/brown and the colour faded straight away and i now have blue eyebrows ! they are disgraceful , i complained and they told me that its been too long now to beable to get my money back :( i thought right il get it done again and see what happens as it means a lot too me and once again they have gone blue !!!

I always have to pencil them on still and not happy what they look like without makeup as they look horrible :(

What a waste of money and now paid over £600 to have blue eyebrows :( gutted x
I know it sounds odd but if you get someone to tattoo over them with orange (yes orange), they'll turn brown.

So sorry u had such an experience... Eyebrows DO need coulour refresh once in 12-18 months, but certainly not after only 3 months. The fact that they have gone blue does suggest that the pigment used by the tech was black based. I am surprised that you had to pay additional 300 for a correction...
I can understand that you've lost the trust regarding semi-perm.make up, but I assure you that your eyebrows CAN easily be corrected by a competitive, well reputed tech!
Very sorry for ur experience, take care!

Yes, so easy to correct blue eyebrows using an orange pigment!

Latest posts

Back