Serious Advice Needed ASAP!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bralynstudio

Reaction score
Hi all, just found out today I am losing business to two other gals new in town. That didn't bother me until I found out that neither one of them are licensed by the state!!... I don't know who they are, other than a first name or I would turn them in right this minute!!

The other thing is they are charging HALF of what my rates are. My clients are leaving fast for the cheaper rates...this is the entire problem with unlicensed and unknowledgeable "techs", and that they can buy cheap a$$ products from sally beauty supply.

One girl came in today said my rates are too high, she said she is going to another tech, when she said the name I knew she wasn't licensed!! So I offered her a reshape for proper balance and form and thickness (she stated she makes them too thick) when they are done. I told her if she didn't like it, it would be free and I would not bother her again for her business.

What do you all think about my offer and the unlicensed techs "stealing" our clients???

kristi

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I for one admire your courage and the faith that you have in your own ability to make that offer. Bravo.

If you can find out that someone is unlicensed why can't you ask the authorities to check??

If you know they are new in town and where they are then why can't you turn them in?

If your clients are finding them then surely the authorities can too?

I don't know how things work where you live so maybe my questions sound ignorant but it seems that if you know all about them that something could be done about it.

thanks geeg....i guess i am just torn because i know one of the girls in a friend of receptionist...i will be checking further as we have a registry here of who is and isnt licensed in every state. one i know i can prove they are not licensed i will call state board about it.

thanks again.

hi ,
i did a crash course in acrylic nails last aug 08 and still have no certificate from the course. when i rang the lady in question she said she sent it out before xmas. At this time i received a card from the post office stating that their was a letter at the sort office with not enough post on, i went down to pay and they said they reposted it as they were to busy. I have not recieved the letter in question. I contacted the lady and told her i still hadnt recieved my certificate and she was quite snotty as if it was my fault. I told her the letter could have been anything and she should have sent it recorded any way. After some argy bargy she said she would try and get me another one sent out and ring me, she still hasnt rang that was about 2 month ago now. Im starting to get really annoyed as i paid £200 for the course and have set up a mobile company and need it. Any ideas how i go about reporting her . The certificate is just a certificate of attendance but still needed by my insurance, i just dont know where to start x

Could you not report them anonimasly? I would because it is giving the industry a bad name. I would just do it and not tell the staff etc to be honest if everyone knows they are not licenced then anyone could have reported them. People alway worry about being seen as a "tell tale" but if people werent doing anything illegal in the first place then they woulnt get told on would they!!! Hope it gets sorted out!!! :hug:

If they're bothering you that much - report them. Simple! Its not good as they are taking your business away and obviously giving a bad reputation. You dont have to give your name for reporting something - so no one will know its you. At the end of the day, business is business and this is damaging yours.
Get on that phone! xx

state board was contacted this morning....

state board was contacted this morning....

What was their responce to you calling them? Are they going to follow this up as a matter urgency or just fob you off???

Would love to hear the outcome on this hon xxx

i was told they would check into it as soon as they were in town (next week to inspect another salon). so we'll see what happens. we have very few investigators here (only 6 for the state) and nearly 200,000 salons and nail techs to inspect, so they will actually really get to it when they have the time.... we need more inspectors!!!!:irked:

will update when i hear anything new

kristi

Latest posts

Back