SEVERE nail biter! WORST I'VE EVER SEEN!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teena_B

Reaction score
Hi people!

Here's my dilemma. A woman that I work with heard that I am a nail technician. She's always wanted beautiful nails. I know that she's a severe nail biter, so as I want more practise, I set her a challenge. If she could stop biting her nails for two weeks, I would give her a free set. So far, she hasn't managed it. However, I hadn't realised just how bad her habit is. I had a close look at her nails, the other day, OMG!!! She has bitten two of them so bad that there is only about 1/4 of the nail plate left! I would say 2-3mm of nail plate is not enough to put enhancements on. Am I right? there's no way to sculpt as the skin is really raised past the plate, and if I put tips on, even with removing most of the well, there would be virtually no nail plate for the enhancement to grip to. Add to this the "keep the extension only as long as the nail plate" rule, and they still won't meet the end of her fingers!

What would you do? This is a lovely lady, I'd really like to help her, but I think her nails are really beyond repair!

you can do it - BUT - she also needs to do her bit too !!

I would recomend a few good manicures , using LOTS of oil to get her INTERESTED in looking after her nails.
Make a pact with her that you'll put on enhancements as you did b4.
Tell her to chew gum instead of her nails !
This worked 4 me with a lady who had raw flesh around every nail - not only that - she had eaten a huge chunk out of her knuckle as well !! And I mean eaten - it looked like a third degree burn - yuk .
If you explain you can help but just need a bit of nail to get started !!
It's hard going but it can b done - with her help !
Shes gotta do the first little bit .
Good luck - 2 u both !
the lady I mentioned has stopped biting her nails & they now look fab!
best wishes
jayneym xxx

Latest posts

Back