Shabby chic vintage furniture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone recommend any step by step re-haupilstering vids on YouTube? Or has anyone got any tips? xx

Oh my god they're stunning! I can send you some vids later, have found quite a lot in my search but not on the kind of chair I have. Theres a good tutotial on the hunter interior blog caller berger chair which might help. Search boudoir chair upholstery but ill add mine later x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Those chairs are fab Jojo. I was worried about the upholstery bit until I took the old fabric off and it didn't look like it would be that hard to do, I may just be kidding myself though :lick: x

I'm not sure what to do with my chair now. I can't find any light upholstery that I like that I was going to use with the Henrietta Annie Sloan, thinking of backing the butterfly fabric but might be hard. I've seen some nice black upholstery fabric with diamantes on so may paint it in graphite and add crystal buttons to it. Umming and arrhing cause I really liked the idea of doing it in pink.

xx

Attachments

• $T2eC16R,!y0E9s2S6dL6BQ5rGrnN,!~~60_35.JPG
    $T2eC16R,!y0E9s2S6dL6BQ5rGrnN,!~~60_35.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 178
  • henrietta120.jpg
    henrietta120.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 160
  • graphite.jpg
    graphite.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 30021090.jpg
    30021090.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 187
Oh, and I've found a gorgeous chandelier in my mums catalogue that I'm just hoping will be ok in my room. x

Attachments

• A251P_SP260_02_23VU7.jpg
    A251P_SP260_02_23VU7.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 500
Oh my god they're stunning! I can send you some vids later, have found quite a lot in my search but not on the kind of chair I have. Theres a good tutotial on the hunter interior blog caller berger chair which might help. Search boudoir chair upholstery but ill add mine later x

Thanks. I'll take a look later. Look forward to seeing yours later too xx

Oh, and I've found a gorgeous chandelier in my mums catalogue that I'm just hoping will be ok in my room. x

That is beautiful. Where from? x

Ohh iv just found out how to cover the buttons- looks pretty simple :) the back of the chairs is called tufting, that maybe looks a bit tricky :-/ I'm excited to get my fabric. I thought about having the ones with the arms on as my nail table chairs & the other two as my waiting chairs. I'd like two different kinds of fabric. What you think? x

That is beautiful. Where from? x

Its Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen from the Very Cat, Its drow from £129 to £89 but my mum works for cat so she gets a extra 15% off so will work out at 60 something. I think the chairs will look lovely in different fabric, very shabby chic :D xx

Its Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen from the Very Cat, Its drow from £129 to £89 but my mum works for cat so she gets a extra 15% off so will work out at 60 something. I think the chairs will look lovely in different fabric, very shabby chic :D xx

Bargain then! :)
I'm fabric hunting now then x

I wish I could do a project like that! They go for a mint on ebay all done up.

I know! I might possibly buy one extra & do it up to sell just to see how much they go for! xx

Tufting doesnt look too bad, I'm thinking of using two fabrics too. Not sure where I'll get them from though.

Tufting doesnt look too bad, I'm thinking of using two fabrics too. Not sure where I'll get them from though.

How about getting down to Laura Ashley and having a look at their fabric off cuts bin? They always do fabrics to compliment each other.

Thats a grest idea, thankyou x

Hi all. Loving this thread. So inspirational. I noticed JoJo and a few others saying they were on the look out for a trolly for waxing. I've had a wee idea that I thought I'd share. I am currently building a log cabin in my back garden so am keeping an eye out for bits and bobs.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369331274.977784.jpg

So this is very similar to my little ones changing table in his nursery. I've used it for both my munchkins and I was going to sell it as he is just about out of nappies now - however as I was tidying up the other day I had a lightbulb moment. This could be my waxing table. It's ideal as it has little raised edges around the top which I like.

You have all inspired me to strip mine down and paint it to match. I did have a look and there are loads for sale local to me on gumtree and per-loved.

What do you all think? xx

Fantastic idea and will save you a pretty penny or two! If you use the Annie Sloan paint you wont even have to sand it down, just paint straight onto it xx

Ok I am looking to do a corner unit for my next project - what colours do people think would look good? I am willing to just try something new that looks nice as the dinningroom hasn't really got a colour as such - just cute prints and words on the wall in pinks, blues and green (summer shades, not dark shades). Anyone used province or paloma?

Ok I am looking to do a corner unit for my next project - what colours do people think would look good? I am willing to just try something new that looks nice as the dinningroom hasn't really got a colour as such - just cute prints and words on the wall in pinks, blues and green (summer shades, not dark shades). Anyone used province or paloma?

I like the province color, I think it would look lovely with the colours you say you have in there. I think Jojo has a lot to answer for starting this thread, our houses will be full of Annie Sloan and old furniture soon :lick: I'm going to a vintage fair on sunday and car boot afterwards to have a nosey. I can't wait to pick up my cabinet tonight as well. xx

Those chairs are fab Jojo. I was worried about the upholstery bit until I took the old fabric off and it didn't look like it would be that hard to do, I may just be kidding myself though :lick: x

I'm not sure what to do with my chair now. I can't find any light upholstery that I like that I was going to use with the Henrietta Annie Sloan, thinking of backing the butterfly fabric but might be hard. I've seen some nice black upholstery fabric with diamantes on so may paint it in graphite and add crystal buttons to it. Umming and arrhing cause I really liked the idea of doing it in pink.

xx

Where is the chair going? What's the colour scheme?

I like the butterfly fabric but prefer Antoinette pink

The black fabric is lovely too,
Would be nice with old or original white

Latest posts

Back