Shabby chic vintage furniture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never upholstered in my life lol, hubby helped me take the old cover off last night and it doesn't seem like to hard of a job. Just a hell of a lot of staples and upholstery nails lol.Your chair looks like it could be tricky though!! Would be lovely all done up if you could do it. I've seen that fabric on Ebay, reckon I'd only need a meter but best to be in safe side and order over. Xx

Jojo, you could make that one a feature chair if its not to much and get another chair and paint it same with same material if you reupholster xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

I could do but I don't want my room to look too clutters full of furniture. My room is 20X20 already got couch, need nail desk, waiting area, got a bureau as a focal point for a reception area & need something for my waxing equipment xx

No hun. What is that? x

It's a website where people advertise bits to give away for free, some areas you get great bits and bobs my neighbour told me about it

You can register a few different areas too

Iv seen this waiting chair on eBay too. Do you think it will be enough for a waiting area? I was originally thinking 2 or 3 chairs but then like the look of this! I'm mainly one in one out, there's only a few occasions where clients have come together or brought their friend or child xx
View attachment 34991

I think thatd be perfect- and I like the idea of getting another chair and doing it in the same fabric.

I've never upholstered in my life lol, hubby helped me take the old cover off last night and it doesn't seem like to hard of a job. Just a hell of a lot of staples and upholstery nails lol.Your chair looks like it could be tricky though!! Would be lovely all done up if you could do it. I've seen that fabric on Ebay, reckon I'd only need a meter but best to be in safe side and order over. Xx

Jojo, you could make that one a feature chair if its not to much and get another chair and paint it same with same material if you reupholster xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

I think I might take the fabric off tonight and have a good old look! It looks mostly glued on! Can you get a fabric sample to check its thick enough? I'd love a kind of comic strip print so I am going to have a look on ebay too....

Oh and www.freecycle.org is brilliant, google and register in your area, people just give stuff away rather than chucking it.

I think I might take the fabric off tonight and have a good old look! It looks mostly glued on! Can you get a fabric sample to check its thick enough? I'd love a kind of comic strip print so I am going to have a look on ebay too....

Oh and www.freecycle.org is brilliant, google and register in your area, people just give stuff away rather than chucking it.

You will be better with upholstery fabric it's generally alot thicker plus look else where eBay can be pricey
A very good staple gun and you will be fine

Just remember the thicker the fabric the harder it is to do tricky corners

Can wait to see it finished

It's a website where people advertise bits to give away for free, some areas you get great bits and bobs my neighbour told me about it

You can register a few different areas too

Brilliant "" take a look tonight x

There dont seem to be any good fabric shops near me. Google is letting me down on this project! I need to ask around and see what I can find!

Thanks hun I'll check that out tonight! How long does the Annie Sloan wax take to dry? xx

Oh wow!! I've done exactly the same but with my manicure table 😊. I love shabby chic distressed look. Here's a before pic - will upload when I'm done.....I've got my work cut out 😃 ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369148401.637106.jpg

Here's my bureau. Nearly finished. I just need a new lock & pretty key & new handles. I love it I love it 😄 xx

Beautiful what colours did you use?

I used Duck Egg on the inside (even drawers) & Original White x

The blue looks more green in the photo, really nice will be gorg when finished

totally thought it was green too lol. It looks great though! Some pretty handles will have it looking perfect!

Currently working on another blanket box. I had wanted to sell it but my mum has asked if she can have it... so cost price it is :|

It does doesn't it! But it's real nice duck egg in real life ;-) can't wait to add the finishing touches! x

It does doesn't it! But it's real nice duck egg in real life ;-) can't wait to add the finishing touches! x

Yea it looks like an olive green must be lighting

Yea it looks like an olive green must be lighting

To be honest now the wax has dried it definitely looks more olive green than Duck Egg but I still love it x

Latest posts

Back