Shabby chic vintage furniture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so excited to see all your furniture! Baby furniture would look fab in the Annie Sloan paint!! No need to sand or prime at all it's fab!! If you google Annie Sloan on her website you will find your nearest stockist I visited the one in Derbyshire & I must say the shop was beautiful & the women there were so helpful :)

And here's an old table I bought from a charity shop, it was white with flowers originally, I did it glossy black and put some of the pics, cards and notes my gf and me sent to each other xx

Beautiful. I love this idea xx

Loving this thread and pics are fab:)
Totally in love with Annie Sloan, here's my latest
ny3yrudu.jpg

6ubajeqa.jpg

Paris grey:)

Thats beautiful! There isnt a stockist nesr me, am i best using primer and then wood paint instead?x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thats beautiful! There isnt a stockist nesr me, am i best using primer and then wood paint instead?x

NO!!! Buy it online or buy Laura Ashley chalk paint homebase sell it

It's chalk paint you need for a soft finish

Sorry!! Thanks I'll head to homebase and have another look on the Annie website to see if I can get it online.

You can def buy it online but if you'd rather see the colours first in person the Laura Ashley chalk paint is also nice alot smaller tins though

Loving this thread and pics are fab:)
Totally in love with Annie Sloan, here's my latest
ny3yrudu.jpg

6ubajeqa.jpg

Paris grey:)

Oh my god that it totally beautiful!!! What a transformation!! I'm thinking of doing my sons bedroom in Paris grey it's gorgeous xx

Found another tarted up piece I'd forgotten about lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368173942.903918.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368173942.903918.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 587
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368173961.259783.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368173961.259783.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 659
That piano is stunning!!!

So after taking the leap care of this thread motivating me - this is my first attempt to upcycle a set of drawers! (these drawers are about 22 years old!) I do still need to wax the feet and handles to take the chalk look off them but OH kindly put them back on before I got home so thought I would just take the photo now as I was excited hehe :D

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 632
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 753
So after taking the leap care of this thread motivating me - this is my first attempt to upcycle a set of drawers! (these drawers are about 22 years old!) I do still need to wax the feet and handles to take the chalk look off them but OH kindly put them back on before I got home so thought I would just take the photo now as I was excited hehe :D

Beautiful. Love it! Can't believe the transformation. They now look like something you could get from Next costing about £200 :)

Omg I have a spare bedroom full of horrible orange pine furniture. I'm going to give it a go. Excited! Thanks geeks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I love antique furniture but hate it when people paint it! I think the beauty of it is that it's in its original colours and finish and any chips or scrapes are all part of its history.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Im starting my own salon soon n kept looking out for old white wood furniture n it was so expencive, never tought about doing it myself. Just had a look on ebay n theres hundreds of pieces of furniture that i can paint. N lookin at the dump was a gd idea, i remember seein lots of old stuff there that they sell on, so will have a look n charity shopstoo. So excited ll.
X

I love antique furniture but hate it when people paint it! I think the beauty of it is that it's in its original colours and finish and any chips or scrapes are all part of its history.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

You sound like my hubby, I win though

Beautiful. Love it! Can't believe the transformation. They now look like something you could get from Next costing about £200 :)

Thanks a lot :) Planning to do her larger drawers today after lunch and we have also aquired an old pine blanket box that was given the death sentance (family member was dumping but we have rescued it to give it new life!)

Can't wait to see the room when its all completed :D

Pink Princess - can't wait to see what bits you manage to get for your salon! Looking forward to seeing the work in progress ;)

Andrea - I don't mind good quality antique furniture but I think when an item is looking battered and worse for wear it is fine to upcycle because let's face it, most people would happily ditch bits like that in the dump just to get rid. My MIL is a huge fan of antique furniture and keeps it looking amazing... but equally it was she who was dumping the old pine blanket box as the kids have scraped the life out of it and doodled on it lol

Great stuff. Keep posting pics. Can't wait to see your larger drawers finished. I gave my bureau a second coat of original white yesterday! I'm on the look out for new handles :)

Great stuff. Keep posting pics. Can't wait to see your larger drawers finished. I gave my bureau a second coat of original white yesterday! I'm on the look out for new handles :)

Are you looking for something like these? £3 each in my local shop they have a website kindle house
If not try ebay

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368433227.426812.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368433227.426812.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 554
I don't know how to send links but check this sellers items out they are gorg and very reasonably priced

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368433668.234226.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1368433668.234226.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 460

Latest posts

Back