Shabby chic vintage furniture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seen this thread and it kicked off me on big redeco binge lmao always loved shabby chic just didn't know how much

ive the decorator booked gonna do my whole house - one room at time

going hunting for more furniture and this annie sloan paint on Monday

haha been shabby chic obsessed

did you know if you put the words shabby chic on google and click images you get hundreds of pictures of lovely shabby chic design?

ahhhh sat up so late last nite looking at them wrecked today lols

what are your top fav annie sloan colours?

It's soo addictive be warned

I love the old white, cream esp over old white and Antoinette

seen this thread and it kicked off me on big redeco binge lmao always loved shabby chic just didn't know how much

ive the decorator booked gonna do my whole house - one room at time

going hunting for more furniture and this annie sloan paint on Monday

haha been shabby chic obsessed

did you know if you put the words shabby chic on google and click images you get hundreds of pictures of lovely shabby chic design?

ahhhh sat up so late last nite looking at them wrecked today lols

what are your top fav annie sloan colours?

Up to now Origional white, Duck Egg & Paris Gray xx

wow, all of your stuff is fab and has totally inspired me to start a little project. can I join in lol. E bay is now getting hounded for antique/vintage furniture ;D

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Everybodys stuff looks gorgeous! Can you get stuff to put on metal aswell? Xx

wow, all of your stuff is fab and has totally inspired me to start a little project. can I join in lol. E bay is now getting hounded for antique/vintage furniture ;D

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Gumtree will be your friend over ebay as ebay i find tends to have less in the local area for collection and you dont want to be paying for delivery.

Rachul - Annie Sloan chalk paint DOES cover metal :D

Went to a carboot sale today for a bit of a nosey and managed to pick up another blanket box for £10! Tried to push the guy lower but he said if he had to he would chuck it into auction and sadly I know they go for £20 - £40 in auctions lol so I wouldn't want him to do that ;) Had mentally preped myself for trying to advertise it for sale with a personalised disney style name on the top again but before I managed to my mum decided she wanted to buy it lol. In theory my first sale :D

Gumtree will be your friend over ebay as ebay i find tends to have less in the local area for collection and you dont want to be paying for delivery.

Rachul - Annie Sloan chalk paint DOES cover metal :D

! Amazing! Thankyou :) im excited x

Youve got me excited too! Im making a screen for my beauty room too. Does anyone reupholster chairs? I saw the gorge damask one on this thread, mine has a droopy bottom!! Need to try and find out how to fix it and recover it as I was gonna chuck it....
paryzy7u.jpg

Has anyone bought their annie paint online?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I have my first project!!! I fell in love with Emerald Beauty's waiting chair that I have bought one to do up!! I only seen Emeralds last night and picked one up at 4 this afternoon, my hubby laughs cause once I see something I love I have to have it and I'm so impatient :lick:

I'm terrified of the upholstery part of it though, looks so complicated!! :Scared:I now have my eyes on a chest of draws with cupboard that I want. I have so caught a bug, thanx Jojo :D

Who else is obsessed with everything vintage!!?? Iv just bought some Annie Sloan paint to do my own piece. Bought a bureau to do up for my salon :) excited!!!
This is before pic & will post after on ce iv done!
Has anyone else done your own furniture? xx
Love this thread! Everyone's work looks great. I too have gone mad on Annie Sloan - glad I'm not the only one, my sons think I'm bonkers! Will post some pics of my projects when I can work out how to do it :)

Here's one of my recent projects. Versailles on the outside, old ochre on the inside and handles from Zara Home :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 646
My wardrobe, painted in AS Pure White, this needed a primer tho because wood colour stained through- labour of love! :|

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 631
Zara, those pieces are beautiful! Great job! I too love your knobs :o :D

OH has actually gone from a few days ago thinking I was mad to tonight saying "oh I found a hall table on gumtree - do you think you could make a good job of it?" (I totally know it would look amazing done up - so praying he gets it hehe)

FacelashBrow - Have a google and I imagine there will be a few bloggers who have done it before. I really hope you find something to help you restore it because it is really pretty x

Zara, those pieces are beautiful! Great job! I too love your knobs :o :D

OH has actually gone from a few days ago thinking I was mad to tonight saying "oh I found a hall table on gumtree - do you think you could make a good job of it?" (I totally know it would look amazing done up - so praying he gets it hehe)

FacelashBrow - Have a google and I imagine there will be a few bloggers who have done it before. I really hope you find something to help you restore it because it is really pretty x
Aw, thank you :)
I just love breathing new life in to old things! Hope you get your hall table x

I didnt realise you could buy onilne on the annie website, I must have missed that the firt time. I am sooo excited! I'm going to start with my furniture and then move on to my sons....and I have a tatty old dining table!

I love your girls furniture lil missemmy, I am going to my sons similar I think, in white or grey and blue. I cant find what that kind of chair is called, am on a google search now!

Also, how far did your paint go? What did you paint out of a 1ltr? I am just wondering how much to order.

Watch out for postage prices as I can imagine the weight makes it expensive?

I painted the small drawers and the large drawers from 1 pot of white and a small jar of the purple.

I did need to buy a large pot of both colours again to complete the blanket box, I didn't need to use much of them but you couldn't have completed it with just the one tub of white. Had I just bought the big tub of purple at the start then I would have been fine with just the one tub of it but I hadn't realised I would be doing the blanket box at the start :o

I did however paint the insides of everything, so if you don't plan on painting the inside of the drawers you may find the 1 pot enough... but who am I kidding... you will only end up wanting to paint something else so you can never have too much :D

Thats a good point! It does say about £7 for delivery, my nearest stockist is a little way away so I'll see if it goes up the more you buy.

I have ahad a little google and a good look at the chair and it looks as though I should be able to do it with a lot of staples and some cord to hide the seams, because its a fabric one I'll have to cover it rather than take it apart...tomorrow I will get a stanley knife on the underneath and have a good look at the seat as thats broken but I am so excited!

Latest posts

Back