Shabby chic vintage furniture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is the chair going? What's the colour scheme?

I like the butterfly fabric but prefer Antoinette pink

The black fabric is lovely too,
Would be nice with old or original white

It will be going in my home salon. I'm having light pink walls with a black chimney breast with butterflies on (that is currently already in the room, will just be painting other walls) but I have a black desk with fushia legs, fushia shelf and black and fushia chairs also a fushia therapy couch. I was thinking of doing something similar to this kind of look now. xx

Attachments

• laurence-llewelynbowen-casting-couch-A251P_SP270_08_27FN6a-as-seen-on-tv-LW.jpg
    laurence-llewelynbowen-casting-couch-A251P_SP270_08_27FN6a-as-seen-on-tv-LW.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 264
I'd go with black then, you could see in crystal buttons too

I'm just gutted I'd never heard of this paint before I bought all my other stuff!! I love vintage but the thought of prepping and priming was putting me off restoring anything. I have seen a lovely desk that I could use for a nail desk but already bought the ikea one and its to late to return it now :sad:

Laney bit cheeky but if you used the ikea family card you will have 3 months insurance against any 'accident/damage' when building it ;) X

Laney bit cheeky but if you used the ikea family card you will have 3 months insurance against any 'accident/damage' when building it ;) X

Ha ha, don't tell me that, I'll be trying to smash the thing up lol. I think i've had it for over the months now plus it is all different items ( separate top, legs, storage leg) so they'll prob just refund one bit :-( thanx anyway lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Ok I am looking to do a corner unit for my next project - what colours do people think would look good? I am willing to just try something new that looks nice as the dinningroom hasn't really got a colour as such - just cute prints and words on the wall in pinks, blues and green (summer shades, not dark shades). Anyone used province or paloma?

Really like Paris Grey & Duck Egg xx

I like the province color, I think it would look lovely with the colours you say you have in there. I think Jojo has a lot to answer for starting this thread, our houses will be full of Annie Sloan and old furniture soon :lick: I'm going to a vintage fair on sunday and car boot afterwards to have a nosey. I can't wait to pick up my cabinet tonight as well. xx

I know!! Sorreeee ;-)

dark spots, sand all over, white spirit all over then make sure you use a primer then 2/3 coats of colour x

Omg, my cabinet is so lovely and my hubby found me a dumb waiter to use for my waxing trolly!! Will add pics tomorrow as I can add pics from my phone on her for some reason xx

Omg, my cabinet is so lovely and my hubby found me a dumb waiter to use for my waxing trolly!! Will add pics tomorrow as I can add pics from my phone on her for some reason xx

Oh I'm excited to see this!!! x

Can you paint annie sloan ontop of varnished furniture, or do you need to sand it down first. Still looking for a ideal first piece to do.
x

Can you paint annie sloan ontop of varnished furniture, or do you need to sand it down first. Still looking for a ideal first piece to do.
x

Will paint onto anything

Help I don't understand the wax part.... I've been watching techniques on you tube and want to wax using the clear.
However I'm confused as to why you need to sand after the waxing (clear) Dosent this remove the wax?
What happens if you don't wax?

Xxx

it depends what finish your after how distressed you want it to look,

My newest projects (excuse the mess, its a mix of my salon stuff, hubbys stuff and little mans toys!!)

Attachments

• 20130530_173252.jpg
    20130530_173252.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 20130530_173228.jpg
    20130530_173228.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 334
  • 20130530_173240.jpg
    20130530_173240.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
My newest projects (excuse the mess, its a mix of my salon stuff, hubbys stuff and little mans toys!!)

Wow those will look fab. The trolley is perfect & just what I'm looking for. Can't wait to see it done xx

hanyry8a.jpg

u7u5agyv.jpg

3u8edy4y.jpg

uhedenaz.jpg

Ok so here is my pine dining table with duck egg blue first, then old white on top. The chairs still aren't finished but the table is. I think I might have got a bit carried away with the sanding??

I think it looks great hun xx

Thanks jojo, how are you getting on with your projects? X

Latest posts

Back