Shabby chic vintage furniture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I did :) old white I think it's called. The whites in AS paints are a bugger to use, they're so thick, unlike say Paris Grey. I just added some water :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Iv been using Laura Ashley but going back to annie, I always dilute the Annie paint,

Iv just got another 5 projects. Excited x

It's so addictive isn't it. Im so jealous you have that many projects. I had soooo much furniture in the summer but had to get rid of a lot as needed the space I could have cried lol! Xxxx

It's so addictive isn't it. Im so jealous you have that many projects. I had soooo much furniture in the summer but had to get rid of a lot as needed the space I could have cried lol! Xxxx

My hubby's nearly crying my garage is pretty full, he likes a tidy, clutter free garage where as I see it as a space to keep furniture until I paint it

Will you use it as nail desk

Love the shape, very jealous

I will do eventually yes. I just need to get a joiner to cut the back out & make it look like it is at the front so that both me & client can sit comfortably at the desk. Then I'll be on a mad hunt for a pair of chairs xx

Ive been on an annie sloan workshop this week, fab!! Taught me all about the paint and the different techniques (options are limitless!) so am now raring to go with the knowledge of what i need to do.

Would recommend the courses to anyone 😁

Oh so nice to see new things on here.

In December I brought home 2 chairs from work that were damaged and being put out for the bin men - I had to save them! I started tonight as I want to give MIL one for her kitchen tomorrow and then will do the 2nd one tomorrow evening for my own bathroom :)

I have attached the before and during photo and will do the end result tomorrow :)

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 279
  • during.jpg
    during.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 321
Hey, LilMiss, like the chairs, Id of saved them for sure!!!! They look like ERCOL, see if you can see that anywhere, if so they are quite desirable atm. Still great though xx

Kathair xx

****S T O P P R E S S****

Just purchased an Edwardian nursing chair from Ebay! Got it for £40! Bargain! Needs re-upholstering, but Im going to try that myself. I have the gift of patients, and I love craft, so fingers crossed!!!!

Collecting it this afternoon, only a few miles away, that's the great thing about Ebay, put in distance first in the search and you could have a potential bargain on your doorstep!!!!!!

Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!

Kathair xx

Can any of the fellow shabby chic-ers that use annie sloan help me..

I have attempted two pieces so far and am struggling to get the coverage. Done two coats and still looks patchy. What am i doing wrong? I thought you could add water etc but you would still get the coverage but that doesnt seem to be happening. Could i be overworking it? Adding too much water?

Any advice greatly appreciated 😃

Hi I use Annie's and I have never added water x

Can any of the fellow shabby chic-ers that use annie sloan help me..

I have attempted two pieces so far and am struggling to get the coverage. Done two coats and still looks patchy. What am i doing wrong? I thought you could add water etc but you would still get the coverage but that doesnt seem to be happening. Could i be overworking it? Adding too much water?

Any advice greatly appreciated 😃

What are you painting?

I add water to old white but just add a little bit at a time. xx

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek mobile app

Done a blanket box and a magazine rack so far.

I went on a course to learn how to get the best from it and they were adding water if it felt too thick-the older the tin the thicker it gets i believe?

Thanks for the likes xx

The Edwardian nursing chair is underway, Ive finished the seat, just starting covering the back after having put new wadding on.

Ive enjoyed doing it, but Id like to go on a course really, its taken me ages as I wanted a good result. A professional would laugh at the time its taken me!!!!!!

Ill keep you posted, I must do pics, Im rubbish with them though!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathair xxxxxxxxxx

PS - some great info regarding Annie Sloan paint on this thread xxxxxxxx

Hi ladies though I would share my hard labour of love, all of this is going into my shop :) the desk are hair stations and the chairs are for the nail bar :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397229698.597350.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397229725.691110.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397229737.466491.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397229752.537432.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397229763.227065.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397229774.191187.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397229783.466285.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397422942.048325.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397422962.841676.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397422986.192461.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397423005.708350.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397423057.492071.jpg

Some of my pieces xx

Omg I love this thread I have been interested in this for a while seen a couple of pieces in local charity shop but thought they would take to much sanding. Going to order my Annie Sloan paint NOW hope the shop still has them ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397456907.172794.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397456924.311897.jpg

Have you Guys heard of the authentico paint range??? It what I don't my dresser with. Dare I say it I think it may be better than AS! Cheaper too not my much but a bit £18 for 1lt. Xxx

Omg I love this thread I have been interested in this for a while seen a couple of pieces in local charity shop but thought they would take to much sanding. Going to order my Annie Sloan paint NOW hope the shop still has them View attachment 62003
View attachment 62004

That second dresser is beautiful for £30 I would have snapped that up ;)

Hello! I have just spent an hour reading through this thread.
I am moving out soon and since my gran had just gone into a home, I am going to use as many bits of her furniture as I can to paint! So excited!
I have a round pine dining table, just wondered if I can still clean it after? Like with it been a dining table I like to spray dettol on after eating, and polish it when I'm dusting. Can I still do this after using Annie Sloan?
Thanks
Xx

Latest posts

Back