Shellac and Brisa Gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinkyPinky

Reaction score
If you were going to apply one layer of Brisa gel first for strength and then shellac for the colour and shine on top how would you do it? Would you apply the Shellac base coat on top of the clear sculpting gel or will the shellac colour coats adhere directly to the sculpting gel? For the removal would you wrap to remove shellac as per normal and then buff the brisa gel off afterwards? Any help/advice appreciated xx

anyone? :sad:

If you were going to apply one layer of Brisa gel first for strength and then shellac for the colour and shine on top how would you do it? Would you apply the Shellac base coat on top of the clear sculpting gel or will the shellac colour coats adhere directly to the sculpting gel? For the removal would you wrap to remove shellac as per normal and then buff the brisa gel off afterwards? Any help/advice appreciated xx

Hey DinkyPinky!

Here's how:

PREP, Brisa Bond, 1 layer of Brisa Sculpting Gel in Clear. Cure as usual.
Then, Brisa Gloss, cure but DO NOT REMOVE THE INHIBITION LAYER.

2 coats of your chosen Shellac colour curing as usual
Top Coat, cure and wipe with IPA.

You could wrap to remove the Shellac, but in the case it is probably easier to buff it off.

I hope this helps!

ive done this once but didnt apply the brisa gloss and tropix seems to be staying put so far :)

Amanda - did you intend to finish the sculpting gel before the top coat? or just a thin layer so no filing required? thx :green:

Fantastic, thank you Amanda xxx

ive done this once but didnt apply the brisa gloss and tropix seems to be staying put so far :)

Amanda - did you intend to finish the sculpting gel before the top coat? or just a thin layer so no filing required? thx :green:

The reason why you should apply the Brisa Gloss on top of the Brisa gel is to add protection and strength to the gel, which is actually why you apply it in the first place. Right?

When you say "finish the sculpting gel", I assume you mean finish file. Well, you can do it but you don't have to. It depends on your application, and how smooth a surface you have.

Hope this helps...
Happy Shellac-ing!

The reason why you should apply the Brisa Gloss on top of the Brisa gel is to add protection and strength to the gel, which is actually why you apply it in the first place. Right?

When you say "finish the sculpting gel", I assume you mean finish file. Well, you can do it but you don't have to. It depends on your application, and how smooth a surface you have.

Hope this helps...
Happy Shellac-ing!

yes thats right, i meant finishing as in filing :) thank you Kelly, i suppose i was thinking of the gloss as a shiny top coat rather than protection and strength.....

Hi girls. Hope you can help. Sorry to take over your thread hope u don't mind, I'm so new to all this.

I went to a customers house last night to apply shellac then she decided she wanted extensions with shellac. She came to work today and 3 nails had chipped. She is a friend and I explained I had not tried brisa gel with shellac before. I did not have my notepad with me with my shellac information on that explained how to do this so I took a wild guess.

I prepped correctly, added tip, blended, scrub fresh, brisa base coat cure 10 secs. Clear gel cured 2 mins. Apex clear gel cured 2 mins then this is where I think iv gone wrong after reading your thread. I wiped sticky layer off then applied shellec base coat etc. Could this be why the strength of the nails chipped? I am very new to brisa gel only my third client and the first 2 were also a disaster. The gel was Lifting and peeling off. Thanks xxxx

I thought Brisa base coat didnt need curing?

I thought Brisa base coat didnt need curing?

The old formulation of Brisa Bond didnt need to be cured as it was air dry the new one needs to be cured for 10 seconds.
If you have one of the new bottles it will have a little sticker on the lid telling you that you need to cure it :)

Latest posts

Back