Shellac and LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akol

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I have got a question about shellac and a lamp. Does anyone use LED lamp to cure shellac? I know that 2 minutes under UV lamp is recommended but I would like to chnge my old lamp for LED. I know that the other systems e.g Gelish, Gellux etc. can be cured using UV or LED.

Shellac will only cure under a CND UV lamp. That's it.

O.K.
Thanks for reply.
I will invest in shellac products and lamp.

All the research throughout the development of shellac was with UV light curing.
Dont forget that Shellac is unique in the fact that it uses solvent evaporation technology, UV technology and new technology.
It ISNT a Gel, it only has some gel properties.

This is why it is so crutial to stick to the manufacturers instructions.

Also, with regard to LED lamps, I cant paint a layer of shellac colour quicker than 70-80 seconds let alone french including detailing, so the 30 second cure time of LED is irrelevant to me.

Also, did you know that when your LED lamp runs out, you have to buy a new lamp, not new bulbs!

Also, with regard to LED lamps, I cant paint a layer of shellac colour quicker than 70-80 seconds let alone french including detailing, so the 30 second cure time of LED is irrelevant to me.

Also, did you know that when your LED lamp runs out, you have to buy a new lamp, not new bulbs!

My thoughts exactly. Not to mention the cost of LED lamps! You could buy 2 CND UV Lamps and have change left over from the cost of the LED lamps I've seen advertised...

I have 2 CND UV lamps and if I paint faster than the lamp cures, then having 2 lamps speeds things up slightly. It also saves the client crossing her arms over to reach the lamp, as I put one each side of my desk - v comfy - and I have the guarantee that if I dropped/damaged my lamp I would not have to stop working/cancel clients whilst I wait for my new lamp to arrive: I'd still have one to work with! :cool:

My thoughts exactly. Not to mention the cost of LED lamps! You could buy 2 CND UV Lamps and have change left over from the cost of the LED lamps I've seen advertised...

I have 2 CND UV lamps and if I paint faster than the lamp cures, then having 2 lamps speeds things up slightly. It also saves the client crossing her arms over to reach the lamp, as I put one each side of my desk - v comfy - and I have the guarantee that if I dropped/damaged my lamp I would not have to stop working/cancel clients whilst I wait for my new lamp to arrive: I'd still have one to work with! :cool:

I want a second lamp SO BAD. just not enough space on my table :( can't wait til the date I design my own salon! Lol maybe custom built nail stations like the hair dressers get. *dreaming* ;)

Just for anybody thinking of using Shellac and an LED lamp I have both the CND lamp and an LED lamp and I can assure you the Shellac cures perfectly under the LED light and much quicker than the CND UV one. If you already have a LED lamp there is no point in investing in the CND lamp personally I think it's just a clause to get you to buy it in the first place.

*repeatedly bangs head against wall*

If you don't use the CND lamp you're not offering your clients Shellac! End of story. No matter how well you think a different lamp cures it, it isn't the Shellac system you are offering!

Just for anybody thinking of using Shellac and an LED lamp I have both the CND lamp and an LED lamp and I can assure you the Shellac cures perfectly under the LED light and much quicker than the CND UV one. If you already have a LED lamp there is no point in investing in the CND lamp personally I think it's just a clause to get you to buy it in the first place.

Cured to the eye and correctly cured are two very different things. Unless you are a very clever scientist, it is impossible for you to say that it cures perfectly, you don't know thats true.

As always the company is out to get us and fool us into spending out money? Ever considered they have specially created a lamp that works to provide the best possible results with the product?

My salon owner has started curing her Shellac with a LED lamp. I warned her against this, but she insists that it works. So I just keep my mouth shut. She's one of those that thinks her 18+ years experience means she knows everything without the need for research. *rolls eyes*

*repeatedly bangs head against wall*

If you don't use the CND lamp you're not offering your clients Shellac! End of story. No matter how well you think a different lamp cures it, it isn't the Shellac system you are offering!

:grr::grr::grr:

I'm with you, fozzyo...how many times does it have to be said??? Only the Brisa or CND lamp will PROPERLY cure Shellac!

My salon owner has started curing her Shellac with a LED lamp. I warned her against this, but she insists that it works. So I just keep my mouth shut. She's one of those that thinks her 18+ years experience means she knows everything without the need for research. *rolls eyes*

Maybe she needs to read this article again The Science of Gels - Technique - NAILS Magazine - Print

or maybe she ought to head over to some of the DIY SOG sites and read the problems with allergic reactions that people there are reporting.

The reality is that while it is easy to tell a bad cure from a good cure it is close to impossible to tell an almost-good cure from a good one - until there's a allergic reaction.

Hmmm! A lot I could say about this and several others already have, however none of them have mentioned 1 very important thing. If for any reason something goes wrong and the client you did a shellac mani on using the led light decides to take legal action, you WILL NOT be covered by your insurance so YOU will have to personally pay out!

Is that really a risk worth taking?!

Im confused

Im going on shellac course next week and trying to keep costs down as im opening a new business, whats the difference of a cnd uv lamp and a normal uv lamp that looks the same but thats half the price?? x

The CND one is designed to work with Shellac. That's all you need to know.

There is lots of science behind it - the UV output of the bulbs, the alignment of the bulbs to the fingers etc ... but in essence the most important difference is that you know this one works. And this is a five finger cure.

Also, you first four Shellac clients will pay for the lamp.

Thankyou

Seems so confusing with different opinions... I suppose it was made for a reason so will stick with CND x

Im confused

Im going on shellac course next week and trying to keep costs down as im opening a new business, whats the difference of a cnd uv lamp and a normal uv lamp that looks the same but thats half the price?? x

When I did my Shellac couse, someone decided to bring a different UV lamp, despite being told that they MUST have all of the CND Shallac equipment, and their Shellac did not cure.

yeah, someone did that on mine too, and it didn't cure correctly. these things are recommended for a reason!

If you have both lamps....then why would you have needed to use the LED lamp with it in the first place, and risk your clients health, and treatment at the same time? Not to mention the fact that if your not using the system correctly, then you would be liable for any claims made against you........why would you be willing to risk that in the first place if you have the correct lamp??

Plus, i actually think it looks REALLY unproffessional to not use a system correctly, and as a system..............

I want a second lamp SO BAD. just not enough space on my table :( can't wait til the date I design my own salon! Lol maybe custom built nail stations like the hair dressers get. *dreaming* ;)

Is there room under your table? I have a shelf fitted under my table to the bottom of the table if you understand where my lamps sit. Gives you more room on the table top too!:wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back