Shellac and the 14 day barrier!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

always00smiling

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to doing nails and have recently trained in Shellac doing the Shellac brings them back course (which was fab)! However, I was still struggling to get any clients past 14 days, with most returning with the odd chip at the free edge or one nail lifted :sad:

However, today, I have had my first regular client who has returned with nails in perfect condition after 14 days, she has two kiddies and isn't great with protecting her nails so I am sooooo happy!! :D. I feel, at last, I may be getting somewhere!

Whoopee! Practise makes perfect! Xx

Thats great!!! I would imagine that's quite a confidence booster.

So satisfying isn't it! ;) Well done Lou x

I've got a couple of ladies who can get 6 weeks out of their Shellac.
They don't do this all the time, thank goodness, only when they are busy and forget to call me!
The regrowth is horrendous but it is in perfect condition!
Another of my clients fell, dislocated and broke her finger and the Shellac was 100% intact! I'll have to see if I can find the picture of it in the cast when I went to reShellac her.

Honestly, isn't it the same with anything? Why should Shellac be any different?

I have enhancement clients who can go 4, 5 and 6 weeks and others that trash a set in a matter of a week.

Don't you think the difference is in the people not the product or the service?

When I wear EE's I wear them fo 6 weeks before my next appointment. My therapist says I'm the only client she has who goes 6 weeks with my lashes. I dont forget about my lashes, I really look after them at home ..... I think this is the difference in any service lasting or not lasting.

Geeg, I totally agree, to a point. This is the case if you are proficient at the service in the first place and are given (client perspective) the correct after care advise. I can wear lashes for months bit when I visited a bad therapist hey lasted a week, went back and got the same result... X

Geeg, I totally agree, to a point. This is the case if you are proficient at the service in the first place and are given (client perspective) the correct after care advise. I can wear lashes for months bit when I visited a bad therapist hey lasted a week, went back and got the same result... X
I have to say, when writing my post to fellow professionals I was assuming the service would be an A1 professional service ...

Of course the lasting ability goes hand in hand with the proficiency of the therapist ... I was taking that for granted. I should be able to take proficiency for granted when talking to professionals but of course beginners can have problems caused by themselves.

Thank you everyone! I couldn't agree more, if it's a professional service it should last although with 3 kiddies and 4 if you include my hubby :D mine do struggle to get past 14 days!

A real confidence boost that I'm sure will help me feel happier when doing my next few Shellac's :D

Have a lovely valentines day ladies! Xx

I used to feel like this some of mine could trash them within a week, but as I have gained more and more clients and it's lasting them over 4 weeks. You do get more confidence xxx

I have to say, when writing my post to fellow professionals I was assuming the service would be an A1 professional service ...

Of course the lasting ability goes hand in hand with the proficiency of the therapist ... I was taking that for granted. I should be able to take proficiency for granted when talking to professionals but of course beginners can have problems caused by themselves.

Very true :)

It is a great feeling isn't it!! Can't wait to do more shellac on clients, now I have confidence in my application... Good that you persisted! That is the great thing about these forums. The professionals that have years of experience prove that it is application / education rather than the product.
Confidence in your product makes a great tech :D

Once you know you are doing things right and that many of your clients will easily go the distance, you KNOW that the difference for the people who can't is not you and it's not the product, it is the people.

Once you know you are doing things right and that many of your clients will easily go the distance, you KNOW that the difference for the people who can't is not you and it's not the product, it is the people.

Good to be in this group now :)

Latest posts

Back