Shellac Base Coat has speckles in it ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok fair do's I think Shellac have made some mistakes

But what you going to to do? They have said they are sorry on the cnd website, I mean really I know it's a pain..

As for knowing what you needed maybe there should have been a list, but you could have found this all out on here I did..this has gone on for months you must have know you would have need a few bits to go with it...which is why it comes back to your research x

Not every nail tech goes on salon geek, i only found it by chance, so a lot of nail techs wouldnt get the info off here to get hints, tips and instructions on applying shellac, a 'full' kit would of been useful, thats what i got when i had to buy gelish (as no shellac top coat and needed to fulfill my clients needs)

Last edited:
The thing is I really want to use all the right things the problem is finding out wot u need yes the people that are lucky enough to have found this site can get answers and we are all gratefully for those answers but wot about the people that don't know about this site I ring sweet squared about twice a week and salon geek has never been mentiond to me. At lest with minx it came in a proper kit with everything that was needed for minx to work correctly lamp nail file cutical pusher a sellaction of minx ( a poor selection have not used the clear one and dout I ever will) it could have done with a mini scrubfresh. Coz wen I found out I needed that I had to spend another £5 on delivery but most was There and a vid was avalible to watch shellac comes with only the shellac and the wraps and then u have the wraps but no acetonedap u buy it from normal wholesallers then find out I might not remove shellac in the 10ins coz it's not the CND one. Would just of been a lot simpler if there was a list of everything needed or a whole kit avalible to buy with nothing missing from it that u will need x

I do understand what you both are saying

But if you went to another site that was offering this type of product, they also don't have a full kit as in everything included.

You just need to make sure or ask when ordering what else is needed, and maybe this is a lesson for all..and maybe for these companies to make things a little clearer when people are ordering for the first time :) x

I agree lesson Lerned and I just how knew poeple to shellac with not have to learn the way I did. And some improvments will be made. May I also say that shellac is a fantastic product and have brought a lot more mainicure clients into my salon and all client that have had it are u amazing with it if nit had one complait since I aquired all the the correct equipment.
Right I'm off to hit the pillows with matt Damon only on the telly unforunatly lol x x night everyone x

I think shellac is an amazing product too and it has added clients to my already busy workload!! in fact i have had to take on an employee!! thats why the shellac problems are so frustrating, up to now i have been extremely lucky obtaining base and top coat, but unfortunately the out of stock situation has now affected me and i have had to use an alternative product to ensure i dont lose my clients, just applying normal nail polish isnt acceptable for them as alot have now been weaned off their extensions.

sam x

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know we have top coat in stock now, as have Sweet Squared and their other sub distributors :):):):)

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know we have top coat in stock now, as have Sweet Squared and their other sub distributors :):):):)

Any base coat?

Hi im going to say a few things now yes the shellac base coat is leaving bits on the nail plate which are only visible when using the paler colours ie strawberry and iced cappacino. I am getting very frustrated with sweet squared as they never have anything in stock and continually find an excuse for this. I dont think they realise we are all trying to make a living and cant if we dont have the correct tools of the trade.

I also think that selling products to 'nail tecks' that are not creative trained is damaging their reputation and not helping the genuine creative trained nail technitions out there. I have people doing minx for £15 and applying it with a hair dryer near me and sweet squared are selling minx and shellac to these people its a disgrace.

Im sick of the excuses and im sure im only saying what a lot of you are thinking and dare not say!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not CND trained but I do hold a level 2 beauty, manicure certificate and acrylic nail qualification. This doesn't make my ability as a nail tech any less and that is a very unfair comment to make. I don't use CND acrylic systems but I have always used the CND polishes, manicure system, solar oil and now Shellac and Minx. I am very busy with this in my salon and have a great reputation.

I have, though, been very frustrated over the lack of stock with Shellac but the communication from S2 has been fantastic over this issue.

The Shellac base coat cures in a mere 10 seconds under the CND UV Lamp. Now that is a fast cure in anyones book.

So Using just that knowledge alone can you not figure out what is happening? No? Just take a little time to think about it?

OK ... Anything that cures fast (Like the Shellac Base coat) or dries super fast (like the CND Colours & Effects polishes) it stands to reason that when you use products with this fast drying quality, that your techniques have to alter to accommodate those qualities. In the 2 cases mentioned above, Shellac Base Coat and Colour & Effects polishes, you CAN'T PLAY AROUND WITH THEM WHEN APPLYING THEM OR THEY WILL START TO CURE/DRY WHILE YOU ARE APPLYING THEM.

I hope this has helped.

Thanks Geeg,:) you are a star. You know it really didn't occur to me about that :smack:! That would also explain why it usually only happens with one client, who invariably inspects what I have done as soon as it is done! Or why now that I have speeded up my application and stopped faffing about, I no longer have problems. But I did know it was NOT the product:hug:

I have found bits in the Shellac base coat as well. I think it is bits of cured product. It came to me this way from the suppliers. I have ordered from various suppliers just to find any base coat at all as I am out. One bottle was missing its brush and it was half cured on the bottom from one supplier in the US. Then I tried three from another supplier in Canada 2 months later and they were missing the brushes and were in different stages of being cured. But still with one one good one I had I found little tiny granular bits in it and it went thick pronto making it very hard to put on thin.
I found all of my base coats and topcoats get thick very fast even though I keep them out of sunlight and the lids on tight. So now I am desperate for more usable base coat.
So why does the company not work on the transportation problems as well so the product gets to the nail tech in good working order and not be partially cured? It is not always bad technique on the techs behalf when there is bits in the Shellac.
I have done natural nails for 28 years and have taught for years so I feel I should know what I am doing.
These problems have affected how the natural the product looks on and makes my clients unhappy as they love the product. If I have continual problems getting good quality base and top coat that don't paint on like rubbish my business will soon be affected causing major lost income and my reputation. S.

Latest posts

Back