Shellac base coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jac4Harry

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why we cure the base coat or 10 seconds?

Because that is what CND tells us to do ? :biggrin:

Because that is what CND tells us to do ? :biggrin:

:lol: Love this answer!

Shellac base coat is a different formulation to the colour coats and top coat. It doesn't have 'tiny tunnels' in it - instead it contains easy release polymers and also has a different brush for a thinner application. If cured for two minutes, it would take longer to release from the nail.

HTHs :)

:lol: Love this answer!

Shellac base coat is a different formulation to the colour coats and top coat. It doesn't have 'tiny tunnels' in it - instead it contains easy release polymers and if cured for two minutes, it would take longer to release from the nail.

It also has a different brush for a thinner application.

HTHs :)

I was just stalling...I knew it wouldn't be long until someone posted the proper scientific answer.
Clever clogs :wink2:

I was just stalling...I knew it wouldn't be long until someone posted the proper scientific answer.
Clever clogs :wink2:

Clever clogs... moi? Why thank you! :lol:

The Shellac Base Coat is one of the most innovative parts of the Shellac System.

It cures in only 10 seconds.
The base coat Needs no primer,
it needs no roughing of the nail plate to make it stick,
it needs no wiping of the inhibition layer before adding colour,
it has amazing ridge filling qualities even when applied thinly as it should be. The quick release polymers in the Shellac base coat are the reason why Shellac removal is faster than any gel on the market and why the nails look so super healthy when Shellac is removed.

A true innovation which puts Shellac into a different category of it own and why technicians love to use it and why clients love YOU for using it.

Latest posts

Back