Shellac Bubbling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
Iv done about 10 sets of Shellac nails and not had any problems yet.
I bought Fedora today and applied it earlier tonight on a client.
Prepped nails, base coat went on fine, then first coat of Fedora went on fine untill took it out the lamp and some of the nails were kind of bubbling near the ends, about 3/4 way up the nail.
I applied second coat thinking it might even up, then applied top coat and it was still there. Its not that noticable unless u actually looked at the nails properly. From a distance you wouldnt see it.
Im unsure if its something to do with the colour, as I done nothing different this time than any other time. And I know its nothing to do with the bulbs as like I said Iv only done about 10 sets so its not been used that much!
Thanks!

I think you are applying this very dense colour too thickly (and maybe not shaking enough?). There are still solvents in Shellac, like polish, and a thick later will often create bubbles.

Shake the bottle and apply thinly

Thanks. Actually now you mention that I might of put it on too thickly. As when you brush it on the first time it does go a bit uneven but I suppose that will all even up once second coat is on. Im used to using the lighter colors so havnt had that problem
Im redoing them, its my friend anyway so she isnt too bothered but I just wanted to see if it was something I was doing or to do with the product!

I got this initially like 'puckering' is only way I can describe it! Only on fedora none of the other colours. The way I stopped it was as Geeg said really really really thin ( thinner than I work with the other colours) and shake it before I start and in between a couple of times too .... Now no more Puckering!!

Yes Geeg Iv seen them all!
Thanks, nice to know what the problem was!
Redoing them tomorrow now :green:

Thank goodness for SG!!! Just come back from doing 2 sets of Shellac - Red Baroness went on like a dream and Fedora - going back to sort tomorrow as thumb puckered like mad ... thin to win... thin to win... :cry:

Latest posts

Back