Shellac Chrome layering! Please look, I love it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah ok, thank you .. . may have to investigate that.

lovebeauty14
how many coats of colour did you apply before the chrome??
thanks

Wow absolutely fab, I'm loving the masquerade one looks like a lavender. Well done x

lovebeauty14
how many coats of colour did you apply before the chrome??
thanks

It was one coat. I'm sure it would look fab with two coats underneath too but I thought on a real nail it would bulk it up too much. :)

The trick with layering any of the colours is being light with your brush, you really want to glide the colour.
If you press to hard this is when you get a streaky, patchy and uneven look.

When i try to layer it is always streaky hate it so i never do it. I must be to heavy handed lol love the colours though xxx

Wow they are fab!!

The trick with layering any of the colours is being light with your brush, you really want to glide the colour.
If you press to hard this is when you get a streaky, patchy and uneven look.
True.
I was mega light on the brush, and glided off any excess product.

Well was dying to test it out.
What do you think?
Look like frosty pastels.
View attachment 12877

From left to right. (Ignore nail art one)
Chrome over:
Blackpool, Masquerade, Hollywood, Tropix, Tutti Frutti, Gotcha.

I love it. Brand new colours now. Thanks CND. :)

After seeing your pic i felt inspired, so i bought silver chrome at the weekend BUT oh my word it’s hard to layer! I can’t seem to get it thin enough. Every time I apply it over the base colour it just completely covers it. it doesn’t matter how much/little I have on the brush or how gently I try to apply it, I just end up with a nail that looks like it only has silver chrome on it. Any tips on how I can get it right? Am I the only one having problems?

I got silver chrome yesterday so added these to my layering wheel today absolutely love these colours i think they could be very popular this summer! I found that a tiny wee blob of silver chrome on top of the colour works fine when your dragging it down it feels jillian the brush is dead dry but works perfectly. Hth :)
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

thanks vicki i'll give this a go. it's so frustrating when you cant get something right!

thanks vicki i'll give this a go. it's so frustrating when you cant get something right!

No problem hope it works ok :) my first try over blackpool doesn't look to great as i used to much but the rest turned out better
Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Well was dying to test it out.
What do you think?
Look like frosty pastels.
View attachment 12877

From left to right. (Ignore nail art one)
Chrome over:
Blackpool, Masquerade, Hollywood, Tropix, Tutti Frutti, Gotcha.

I love it. Brand new colours now. Thanks CND. :)

OMG! I love them all. I think i need some new shellac colours c

blackpool was the only one i didnt try it with. give it a go tomorrow let you know how it goes.

Beautiful!!!!! Did u use 1 layer of colour and 1 of chrome or 2 colour 1 chrome? I have just infilled my nails with silver glitter acrylic and yes they r beautiful but now i want to try soooo many new combos lol xxxxx:o

After seeing your pic i felt inspired, so i bought silver chrome at the weekend BUT oh my word it’s hard to layer! I can’t seem to get it thin enough. Every time I apply it over the base colour it just completely covers it. it doesn’t matter how much/little I have on the brush or how gently I try to apply it, I just end up with a nail that looks like it only has silver chrome on it. Any tips on how I can get it right? Am I the only one having problems?

Nope my attempts today were pretty crap, I must be overloading the brush.

I have to say that I don't particularly like layering, doing 1 colour pop is fine, but when you have 10 fingers to get perfect, it's a bit tricky.

Pretty! Chrome looks like it's a good one to be sponged on to make a fade.

Beautiful!!!!! Did u use 1 layer of colour and 1 of chrome or 2 colour 1 chrome? I have just infilled my nails with silver glitter acrylic and yes they r beautiful but now i want to try soooo many new combos lol xxxxx:o

The OP has already commented twice in the thread that she used one of each :wink2:

These are lovely combos, will try them out myself when I have a minute, thank you for sharing with us :hug:

The OP has already commented twice in the thread that she used one of each :wink2:

These are lovely combos, will try them out myself when I have a minute, thank you for sharing with us :hug:
You're very welcome! :)

Latest posts

Back