Shellac colour Cityscape problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woo87

Reaction score
I am scratching my head over this as not had any problems with Shellac colours before.
All 4 clients who had the colour on its own when returning for there 2 week appointment I have been shocked on the colour of the nails they fade and get a brownish colour on them almost like they have hair dye or something on them which was my thought for my first client even though she was adamant she hasn't done anything she shouldn't of. But after 4 sets I can see something's not right??
I've used Citysape on 2 other clients one had zillionaire over it and 1 had moon light and roses over and they were both fine!!

I have attached photos of the set I got today. So please your thoughts on a postcard. Xx
aqa2azeh.jpg
uvy3avy5.jpg
a

Have any of thm been away on holiday?, used any harsh products? And not used rubber gloves when gardening, cleaning or washing up ? Used solar oil?
Do you give out an aftercare sheet with some do' and donts? These are some things that can affect our Shellac.

I had a lady whose went a greeny colour and she said it happened after using Cillit Bang!!???

Not sure if this helps but I've had cityscape on a few times and I'm a hairdresser and have never had this happen to mine? Might rule out the tint :)

Thanks for your reply. They are all regular clients and had shellac with myself many of times with no problems. All use solar oil (so they say) do wear gloves etc its just strange that I have never had any problems with shellac over the past 6months and now I have experience the same problem with 4 different clients and the same colour! Something's not right x

Not sure if this helps but I've had cityscape on a few times and I'm a hairdresser and have never had this happen to mine? Might rule out the tint :)

Ok thanks you so strange!

That is something she is doing for definite. The colour wouldn't just change like that and it looks scraped and things.

I would ask her to think back and try and take more notice of what she is doing. I didn't understand your first post properly though, Has this happened to her more than once or is it different people?

Edited to add: oh I see it's more people. In that case I'm not sure what this could be?

That is something she is doing for definite. The colour wouldn't just change like that and it looks scraped and things.

I would ask her to think back and try and take more notice of what she is doing. I didn't understand your first post properly though, Has this happened to her more than once or is it different people?

It's not just one client though that's what I don't understand it's 4 different clients! All regulars who never experience problems an know all the dos and don'ts x

Ok thanks you so strange!

Just re read my reply kind of sounds like I was saying your strange that's not what I meant!! Lol sorry x

Haha that's ok I knew what you meant! :)

Not sure if this helps but is it the end of your bottle? Do you shake them thoroughly before each use? I know that sometimes Shellac can separate and you get alot of the pigment sitting at the bottom which may affect it once applied? xxx :)

Not sure if this helps but is it the end of your bottle? Do you shake them thoroughly before each use? I know that sometimes Shellac can separate and you get alot of the pigment sitting at the bottom which may affect it once applied? xxx :)

It's quite new I have only done the 6 sets so far I do shake the bottles before but maybe I need shake some more?? Although when applied they looked great all clients said it happened after about 4-5 days xxx

Just re read my reply kind of sounds like I was saying your strange that's not what I meant!! Lol sorry x

Lol. This made me laugh.. Just thought I would let you know that.

Foundation!!! Most women wear it and probably would.t think twice about it.

It's a light colour so anything hands have been in can discolour the shellac because its porous.

Best way to find out if its the shellac or something they are doing is to wear it yourself.

xxx

This may be totally wrong but I've had the ends of gel nails discolour like this before. I was advised if we couldn't pinpoint it to something a client had done it may be because the inhibition layer of the gel hadn't been completely removed and had discoloured, I have no idea if that would be the same for shellac but am sure one of the grand geeks will be able to put you right :)

This may be totally wrong but I've had the ends of gel nails discolour like this before. I was advised if we couldn't pinpoint it to something a client had done it may be because the inhibition layer of the gel hadn't been completely removed and had discoloured, I have no idea if that would be the same for shellac but am sure one of the grand geeks will be able to put you right :)

I'm sure that could happen to perhaps one nail if one was careless ... But look at them! It's every nail and 4 clients according to the OP! One would have to be negligent in wiping off the inhibition layer if that we're the cause of the problem, and as the OP hasn't had the problem before, I think that cause is unlikely in this case.

The nails look horrendous! I would do what I always would do FIRST which would be to have a good look and shake of the bottle and apply to myself and see what the story is. Then, if you have the same thing happen to you, I would ring S2 and send them the image and your post, and ask them if they have heard of any other similar cases. I think we would have heard before now if there have been as City Scape is a really popular colour choice. It is unlikely to be a rogue bottle as they make millions and batch lots are huge. :lol: is there anything weird in the water where you live? :lol:

I'm sure that could happen to perhaps one nail if one was careless ... But look at them! It's every nail and 4 clients according to the OP! One would have to be negligent in wiping off the inhibition layer if that we're the cause of the problem, and as the OP hasn't had the problem before, I think that cause is unlikely in this case.

The nails look horrendous! I would do what I always would do FIRST which would be to have a good look and shake of the bottle and apply to myself and see what the story is. Then, if you have the same thing happen to you, I would ring S2 and send them the image and your post, and ask them if they have heard of any other similar cases. I think we would have heard before now if there have been as City Scape is a really popular colour choice. It is unlikely to be a rogue bottle as they make millions and batch lots are huge. :lol: is there anything weird in the water where you live? :lol:

Thank you.! I will apply the colour to myself Sunday and see how it holds out on myself and if it turns like that on me also then I shall contact sweetsquared but that's exactly what I thought I did and search no one else has had the same problem with Cityscape and like you said so many are made. It's so bizarre. In terms of the water who knows what's in it! Hahah

Thank you for all your replies I will keep you updated on how it lasts on myself.

Latest posts

Back