Shellac coming off in one piece

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I've just asked my dad who's been a builder all his life would an extension lead make any difference to output of an electrical appliance.

He said a short lead no, but a long one yes , I recently changed from a lead that was 3 metres long to one that was 20 m long as the plug was on the wrong side if the table and was in peoples walking path , this might be the problem , I'm going to change back to my previous lead and report back :)

I use cnd shellac so there is no primer used.

My prep is excellent , I push cuticles back and then use a curette to get any cuticle the eye can't see and I always scrub the nail with scrub fresh

I do have a vague recollection of nails not lasting that well last winter so it is possible because the nails have deteriorated it could be the cause. I just want to make sure it's nothing I'm doing :(
It's more information maybe will help :) Home » CND Shellac » Q&A #2 Why are a few of my Shellac clients peeling?
Q&A #2 Why are a few of my Shellac clients peeling?

Top Question #2

Q: Why is Shellac peeling on some of my clients?

A: Proper Preparation, Application, Curing, Home Maintenance

1. Preparation

The first step is to make sure you are doing proper P.E.P.
P.E.P. includes

P-erform Mini Manicure = Removing the Cuticle off the nail plate
E-liminate Surface Contaminants = ScrubFresh
P-Purify Nail Plate = ScrubFresh
Note: If your client experiences natural nail delamination (peeling)…

Lightly buff the area with a 240 grit or higher buffer. If there is excessive delamination discontinue the service until the nail grow out (thus avoiding damaging the natural nail with too much buffing).

“Please refer to the Shellac Step-by-Step directions for detailed P.E.P., application and removal techniques”

2. Application - Thin is best!!!

SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE the bottle of Shellac
With each layer of Shellac, apply it thin.
Keep a tiny free margin around the cuticle and sidewall areas.
Cap the extension edge with each layer of Shellac
3. Curing

Stick with the system - Use the CND UV Lamp
Cure each layer
Base Coat = 10 sec
Color Coat = 2 min
Top Coat = 2 min
4. Home Maintenance

Solar Oil -Keeps natural nails, nail color and nail enhancements tough and flexible. Use daily!

Did anyone ever find a cause for this?
Been experiencing the same :(

I did find a difference when I switched to a shorter extension cable but I'm not sure if this was a coincidence or not.

In truth I think the real reason that the nails were coming off in one piece is because clients were going longer in between appointments and not coming back till they were really chipped and horrible looking. This was damaging the nails and so they weren't lasting as well. I think because they were going longer in between appointments , their nails were longer and they weren't used to them so they were getting pocket lifting similar to abused acrylics. It was always the centre of the nail that look dry and damaged.

I started a few clients on IBX and did notice a difference but as soon as the nails were getting any way healthier and the shellac was lasting longer they would try and leave it another week and would be back at square one , I've told a good few clients they need to come back at 2 weeks or 3 weeks at the most and not to let the nails chip badly before they come back but most won't listen and still look baffled that they're nails aren't getting any better ??? Arrrgh !!

i think the reason it's loose in the centre is due to excess force being applied to the nail , the shellac gives the nail enough protection not to break but the bond between the shellac and the nail is affected. That's my thoughts on it anyway ;)

I think the winter has a lot to do with it. I find that even the clients who use their solar oil even have problems. The peeling and popping off gets really bad when the heating goes on and the weather turns wet and windy.

I just bang on more about the importance of not letting their Shellac dry out, use solar oil and stop putting their hands in water!!!

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back