Shellac complaints

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishes

Reaction score
Hi I had an email from a client saying her shellac had started lifting and peeling after 7 days and that she had used the oil and had done no housework(mmmm!!!) and that is was now all gone! I am not sure what I am supposed to say to her? What do you Geeks tell your clients when they come back to you saying it has peeled? I mean 7 days isn't bad, her nails weren't too dry or damaged. I just don't know what to say to her. :-( any ideas guys I would be great foul.
Xx
:Scared:

Hi I had an email from a client saying her shellac had started lifting and peeling after 7 days and that she had used the oil and had done no housework(mmmm!!!) and that is was now all gone! I am not sure what I am supposed to say to her? What do you Geeks tell your clients when they come back to you saying it has peeled? I mean 7 days isn't bad, her nails weren't too dry or damaged. I just don't know what to say to her. :-( any ideas guys I would be great foul.
Xx
:Scared:

If she has nothing to show you, then I'm afraid you can't do anything. My guess is that she damaged one and started to have a peel and pick once one is picked they pick off all the rest. Shellac will last much longer than 7 days if clients don't pick ... make sure you leave no edges for them to pick AT!! Technicians that leave edges get clients who have a go and pick. This goes for all UV colour coats, by the way; they are all easy to remove once an edge has been raised so leave no edges ... that comes down to how good you are at providing a professional polish.

Hi, did you make sure you removed all the cuticle on the nail plate? If not, this could cause lifting at the sidewalls aswell. If you are confident that you have done everything properly at your end then I would suggest to her that it seems to be something she has done or maybe she is just to hard on her nails for Shellac to last.

Thanks ladies, I believe I did all the proper cuticle removing and left no edges! It's just I don't know what to reply to her, most of my clients manage to keep it on for around 2 weeks. I don't want to just accuse her of picking what do I say without sounding rude?

Valid question. I'm looking forward to an answer to this. It's a hard one isn't it? Hasn't happened to me yet but I'm sure a chancer will come along and try and pull this one.

hi i would ask her to come in and re-do them and state that you dont normally do this as it doesnt normally happen but if it happens again then its something she is doing....make her feel as if you are doing her thefavour ( which u r).
i know i would like a second chance with this client and at least she cant run your professionalism down...it all take one person to start bad rumours.....if that all makes sense.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using SalonGeek

What you say is, "Unfortunately because you have not given me the opportunity to SEE or rectify the problem you say you had, and you have now picked off all the evidence, there is nothing I can do"." That is what I would say. "if a client is having a problem, then I as the technician, need to SEE what is going on." "I have to have a chance to evaluate/assess and decide what course of action to take; you have not given me that opportunity."

If you want to offer for the sake of goodwill, to re-do the nails for half price (never for free) then that is up to you but I would make it quite clear that it will be a one time offer. She can take it or leave it.

Latest posts

Back