Shellac disaster - used top coat instead of bottom coat!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I remember which one is which, is that when I'm finished my Shellac service I think of it like getting to the finish line and getting a gold medal :D

When Shellac came out first, the bottles were very similar and because I wanted to know which was which at a glance, I would apply a little crystal on the top of the lid on the top coat.

I'm not sure what will happen with your client's nails, but at least you were honest with the fact that you made a mistake and she'll know to contact you if she has problems.

If they do last, just remember to allow a bit more time for removal, as the base coat contains easy release polymers and without this, I'm sure it will take longer to remove.

HTHs

Ha ha Angel I love the comment about crossing the finish line and getting gold. That made me laugh!

Also crystal on the top like like it, little but of bling for the bottle :) x

I still have my original base coat that came with my kit, so the small bottle. I then bought a large bottle of Top coat as I used my little one for Rockstar and keep that in a drawer away from the other 2. So at the moment, I know which is Base and which is top due to the different sizes but I know it'll be more cost efficient to have the larger bottles of both in the future, so a crystal or colour on top is a fab idea :D

And we all make mistakes, so don't worry. I have forgotten to wash off cuticle away several times on my friend but it's never affected her in any way and other times I've forgotten to scrubfresh, ALWAYS forget this on myself for some reason and mine last brilliantly, so try not to worry, like others have said, you were honest with your client which is the main thing and she's booked to have them re-done. With so many elements to remember, it's very easy to forget one or 2 sometimes. It's not ideal as obviously all those things need to be used for a reason but I'm sure it'll be fine. Don't beat yourself up :wink2: xx

My client came back today and she told me that her Shellac was absolutely fine, she took them off herself as she was not keen on the colour. So it was not as terrible as I thought it would be.

my client came back today and she told me that her shellac was absolutely fine, she took them off herself as she was not keen on the colour. So it was not as terrible as i thought it would be.

YAY...we all learned something, new. :)

Angel- the Getting Gold at the finish is the best thing ever! So easy to remember! Thank you xxx

Gold at the finish line, I must remember that. Very good idea.
X

Love that idea An*Gel! I use the small bottles of base coat and the large bottles of top coat to stop me getting confused! xx

Fabulous idea x

The way I remember which one is which, is that when I'm finished my Shellac service I think of it like getting to the finish line and getting a gold medal :D

When Shellac came out first, the bottles were very similar and because I wanted to know which was which at a glance, I would apply a little crystal on the top of the lid on the top coat.

HTHs

Brilliant love it I'm off to do the same now xx

Latest posts

Back