Shellac Help needed as feeling pretty sad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wrapped off my Shellac half an hour ago (10 minutes with the Shellac remover wraps exactly). I do use my D-solve in a Menda Pump and I do wrap tight (not easy on yourself with one hand already wrapped lol).

As soon as I have any removed the majority of flakes with my orange-wood stick, I give all the nails a good old scrub with D-solve to get any remaining flakes and that is it. Solar oil on myself for an hour or so to give my nails a bit of a drink and then re-Shellac this afternoon. I am going to apply Tropix with a layer of Iced Coral which looks a gorgeous combination and will not show growing out as much as Hollywood RED has done. My natural nails look quite gorgeous naked if I do say so myself! :biggrin: No dryness of any kind.

I have worn Holywood for the last 17 days and the regrowth was rediculously long .. I must have had a growing spurt. :biggrin:
I had no chips or wear of any kind on my nails (probably because I've been away for 10 days and did not spend half my life in the kitchen cooking and grating my nails on the cheese grater (how do you grate cheese or garlic without catching your long free edges? I will have to slow down a bit I think.

I just wrapped off my Shellac half an hour ago (10 minutes with the Shellac remover wraps exactly). I do use my D-solve in a Menda Pump and I do wrap tight (not easy on yourself with one hand already wrapped lol).

As soon as I have any removed the majority of flakes with my orange-wood stick, I give all the nails a good old scrub with D-solve to get any remaining flakes and that is it. Solar oil on myself for an hour or so to give my nails a bit of a drink and then re-Shellac this afternoon. I am going to apply Tropix with a layer of Iced Coral which looks a gorgeous combination and will not show growing out as much as Hollywood RED has done. My natural nails look quite gorgeous naked if I do say so myself! :biggrin: No dryness of any kind.

I have worn Holywood for the last 17 days and the regrowth was rediculously long .. I must have had a growing spurt. :biggrin:
I had no chips or wear of any kind on my nails (probably because I've been away for 10 days and did not spend half my life in the kitchen cooking and grating my nails on the cheese grater (how do you grate cheese or garlic without catching your long free edges? I will have to slow down a bit I think.

I think I'm going to hire my hubby out as a shellac remover wrapper boy :)
I took mine off yesterday ( 14 days no chipping phew for first time)
As Geeg said hard to do yourself so he said would help. Surprising he was very good. Hourly rate applies :)
Vicki xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Isn't it silly ... have done my own enhancements for nigh on 25 years (until the last year and a half, wearing Shellac only) and used both my left and right hand to do them .. no problem; and I can't wrap my own nails easily??? Think I'll have to teach Simon to do it for me as well .. not paying him to do it though! :biggrin:

The only client I've had who's managed to chip Shelac was my daughter and she dropped a 10 kg free weight on her fingers to do it, no not on purpose, well I don't think so anyway lol
Things I've learned, it's important to get into a routine when applying each layer, for me it's centre, left then right and as I finish that right brush stroke I pull my brush along the free edge to seal.
I do this with every layer because if you are repeating the same movement again and again then you are more likely to cover the exact same bit of the nail each time.
If you don't, say, you put your base down, then your first colour layer, but your second colour layer doesn't quiet go over one side of the first coat, then your top coat goes over, well you have a thin patch in the treatment and that's where you'll get wear or a chip.
Do you ever find when you wipe away the tacky layer you find a bit of colour on the pad? That's where the top coat didn't cover all of the colour, again it's a weak spot in the service.
Gigi, I have a tuper wear thing, it's a bit like a mushroom in shape and on the flat side it has little spikes, I hold the stem and stab the onion or cheese with the little spikes, pick it up and grate. I've had it so long I don't even remember if I had it with hubby number 1 or number 2 but I'd hate to loose it. I'm sure I'd grate my fingers with out it :Scared:

Snap! Very frustrating.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back