Shellac - lifted within 7 hours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, I'm sure that some lash removers contain acetone or similar chemicals. This could be the culprit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

I did a patch test for lash extensions not long ago and adhesive squirted onto my hand and nails. I removed it with lash remover and later that day my index finger shellac peeled off so this could certainly be the cause x

Well iv now repaired her Shellac. She ended up with 2 to repair by the time I got there, her thumb nail (left) and her index finger (right).

The index finger - the lower half had completely come away but the upper half was still intact with no signs of lifting. On her thumb nail the lift had started in one corner just above where her free edge starts, all the Shellac was still there but it had lifted up So you could expose half her nail - horizontally. Interesting thing with this one was when I looked at the Shellac piece that had lifted it looked raggedy and bubbly, it was definitely not like that when I left her... almost like it had been in contact with something and dissolved?

So maybe she has exposed herself to something when doing eyelash extensions!

She also does eyelash extensions part time surely that wouldn't effect it?

It depends on how much she gets her fingers into the acetone. If she is dipping into it to clean up her glue stone it could have an effect. I am in my acetone with my shellac and do not have lifting, but I am super cautious not to linger.

I've seen what you are describing before and is put money on it that the Cream Puff was too thick. This will cause undercuring and possibly those bubbles you saw. You say it's happened with Wildfire and Blackpool too? These colours are highly pigmented (as is Cream Puff), the technician has a tendency to apply them too thickly trying to achieve full opacity on the second coat of colour. How many coats of white are you applying? Try applying more coats more thinly. Hope this helps x

I've seen what you are describing before and is put money on it that the Cream Puff was too thick. This will cause undercuring and possibly those bubbles you saw. You say it's happened with Wildfire and Blackpool too? These colours are highly pigmented (as is Cream Puff), the technician has a tendency to apply them too thickly trying to achieve full opacity on the second coat of colour. How many coats of white are you applying? Try applying more coats more thinly. Hope this helps x
Mmmm u may have hit the nail on the head there. I normally do x2 thin coats, I'm always checking from all angles and pull and excess off but I must admitt on some nails I appear to be getting full coverage in 1 coat. Would it be incorrect to put the cream puff into a tile and use a clean gel brush to apply? Just thinking it may help me achieve a thinner application? X

Latest posts

Back