Shellac nail art lumpy/bumpy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloverhill

Reaction score
Hello - wondering if anyone can help?
When I do nail art i.e dots & leopard print designs, they tend to be kinda lumpyish? Like, not exactly flat on the nail? And I'm afraid clients might have an urge to pick it off!! Is there another way to make it flat on the nail?
I apply ontop of 2 layers of cured colour shellac coats?

Hello - wondering if anyone can help?
When I do nail art i.e dots & leopard print designs, they tend to be kinda lumpyish? Like, not exactly flat on the nail? And I'm afraid clients might have an urge to pick it off!! Is there another way to make it flat on the nail?
I apply ontop of 2 layers of cured colour shellac coats?

I do dots into uncured shellac and then cure, it comes out nice and smooth :)

Thank you so much! I'll try this next time 😊☺️

I found this when doing the Cath Kidston designs and asked if anyone else did but never got any replies. I too would like flatter finishes with my layered nail art.

Thank you so much! I'll try this next time 😊☺️

you're welcome :) I learned this off another geek off this site (can't remember who sorry!) so just passing it along :)

Do the dots not spread out loads when you do this?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do the dots not spread out loads when you do this?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

nope, only use a small amount with a dotting tool and it spreads nice and evenly into cute little polka dots :)

I can't say I have a problem with this personally, it leads me to think that perhaps your dots maybe a little product heavy? Just my thoughts though x

Why don't you speak to devinebydesign design or Jeni Smith or Nataliya ... They are all superb nail artists and all members of this site?

Why don't you speak to devinebydesign design or Jeni Smith or Nataliya ... They are all superb nail artists and all members of this site?

Thank you I will 😊

I flash cure for 10 secs to stop it running during each stage of the design then when I am happy I cure for 2 mins followed by top coat 😄

I flash cure for 10 secs to stop it running during each stage of the design then when I am happy I cure for 2 mins followed by top coat 😄

Thank you I'll be trying these first thing in the morning!! 😁😊

Latest posts

Back