Shellac over new CND polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Learn something new everyday, despite it being drummed in not to mix systems 😳 I stand corrected!

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hi DNX, this is not mixing systems per se, this is treating the VINYLUX colour coat as an embellishment like foils or glitter. I do not recommend mixing systems ;) xx

Thanks for the reply it's just that vinylux have some lovely colours and wanted to know if you can mix with shellac thanks for your replys xx

You can not just throw Shellac Top Coat over Vinylux and expect to get perfect 2 week wear like you would from a standard CND Shellac Manicure.
However, I am a great believer in finding workable solutions to any problem. If my client says, 'I love this Vinylux colour but I want it to last 2 weeks' there is another option I would look at first.
- Brisa Light Smoothing Gel with Vinylux on top. If the client normally gets 2 week wear from CND Shellac they will get the same fantastic wear from Smoothing Gel with Vinylux.

But if for some reason you don't use Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel, by all means give Divine by Design's method a go. The worst that could happen is that it won't last.

This is just a method I have used, not an official CND method. Obviously I have only tried this out on a number of clients, but before something like this can be definitely confirmed as being "OK", it would have to be rigorously tested. I followed the official CND guidelines with regards to using embellishments/craft paints within the Shellac service, but these also state if you experience service breakdown you should reduce the level of embellishment/addition to an acceptable balance. If you want to try something like this, I recommend that you try on yourself or a model to see how you get on before attempting this with a client xxxx

This is exactly the right way to look at it.

Hi geeks

I've had a little play.
I used 2 coats Vinylux and shellac top coat.

Looking fine so far.

I use vinyl if over shellac for stamping and then shellac top coat. Never have any problems. Also I will use shellac top coat over vinylux for extended wear. Not as good as full shellac mani but it does extend the wear.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back